ADL airport comes alive

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:24 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
ADL airport comes alive

I must say that the ADL DOM QP is a very pleasant place. Spacious and lots of lovely fast web terminals. The only disadvantage is the arrival on QF81 and battling with customs and immigration. There are clear attractions in using purely domestic flights, but a ride down the back in the 333 is pleasant - especially on the window with a good 6 inches of room between the armrest and the side of the plane. Too bad the IFE (AVOiD) was RS - reboot after reboot nothing happened.
Old May 17, 2006, 3:49 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Just savouring the new ADL QP for the first time as well here, and gets the ^ from me too. Was definitely surprised to see the number of workstations available, certainly a very spacious feel as well. Great friendly service on check-in too (guess it helps checking in for pretty much the last flight of the night with nary another soul in sight).

Only downside is a delay of an hour for the flight home, but at least the SMS came through early enough that I wasn't wasting my time sitting around the airport. Definitely night and day compared to the old shoebox!
Old May 17, 2006, 4:06 am

Yep, was there last weekend.

Good to see they finished the building works they were doing.

Amazingly large QP, with so many zones. Still the same professional staffers working there though!

Definately Australia's best domestic QP at the moment. Would beat Syd/Mel easily IMHO - and has a capacity nearly the same as Mel.

Plus, the fact they stock Coopers of course helps
Old May 18, 2006, 12:17 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Having recently visited a few AA AC's including all 4 at DFW (a few hrs to kill plus desparately looking for a Nokia charger - impossible to find in the US) the one great idea they had was some Internet terminals in the main lounge not in the business centre (AA had a nice station near the bar at mean of their AC's, sort of like the BA/QF lounge at SIN but better.
Old May 18, 2006, 2:14 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I was aghast when I asked for a HP and the response was "bottle or from the tap sir?" aaaaah heaven! Love the ADL QP!
Old May 18, 2006, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
I was at the ADL QP a few months back....looks very nice quite big but they have managed to keep it from looking like a lobby, although someone stole my copy of Rolling Stone when I went to the bathroom
Old May 18, 2006, 4:40 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
The ADL Qantas Club is very nice. I especially like the way they provide complementary copies or Rolling Stones magazine for customers .
Old May 18, 2006, 5:17 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NM
The ADL Qantas Club is very nice. I especially like the way they provide complementary copies or Rolling Stones magazine for customers .
I also like the way the PCs are pre loaded with Hinch's radio scripts.
Old May 18, 2006, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by NM
you'll get your comeuppance
Old May 18, 2006, 10:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by moa999
...desparately looking for a Nokia charger - impossible to find in the US....
Some airports (including DFW) now have "charger station" kiosks scattered about, which sell you recharging for PC/cell/PDA. Basically consists of a board with 30 different types of connectors attached and you swipe your credit card to buy the very expensive electricity (something like USD 3 for 15 minutes). Clearly priced for the desperate, but it looked to have every possible kind of cell phone charger.
Old May 18, 2006, 8:33 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
Some airports (including DFW) now have "charger station" kiosks scattered about, which sell you recharging for PC/cell/PDA. Basically consists of a board with 30 different types of connectors attached and you swipe your credit card to buy the very expensive electricity (something like USD 3 for 15 minutes). Clearly priced for the desperate, but it looked to have every possible kind of cell phone charger.
Didn't see any and had asked for shops at the Info desk (the only kiosk in the airport wanted US$45 for a non-gen Nokia charger). BA Terrace T1 had a funky little machine that you put your battery inside, then it automatically charged it - claimed to do most batteries.
Old May 18, 2006, 10:32 pm

As much as I would hate to stop a discussion going off topic....

The problem with the ADL lounge is that the view is terrible. Instead of a nice view over the airport towards the hills which most of the airport enjoys, the lounge is of the bus stop, part of the car park and the occassional puddle jumper. Also the availability of a CIBO coffee for the bleary eyed 6am flight tempts one away from the lounge. (A small perk when I have to fly with DJ).

I rather think that MEL QP is the best in this regard, with a nice view over the apron, at least it helps pass the time. I also think the QP/AC at T4 at LAX is rather good in this regard as well.
Old May 19, 2006, 3:27 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by goback
I rather think that MEL QP is the best in this regard, with a nice view over the apron, at least it helps pass the time.
Not the MEL Int lounge, though - or at least the F side.
Old May 19, 2006, 5:27 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PER dom QP aint too bad either. Nice expansive views over everything.
Old May 19, 2006, 5:31 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by goback
I rather think that MEL QP is the best in this regard, with a nice view over the apron, at least it helps pass the time. I also think the QP/AC at T4 at LAX is rather good in this regard as well.
BNE international J lounge has great views - panoramic glass over the apron and the runway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.