Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Melbourne / MEL Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

As above, would my partner and I get access to the MEL F lounge on our upcoming CX J flight if I'm BA Gold/OWE?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by woobl
As above, would my partner and I get access to the MEL F lounge on our upcoming CX J flight if I'm BA Gold/OWE?
correct, if your flight departs at a window that is within the Flounge's operating hours.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:47 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Departures but not arrivals (unless connecting to international Terminal (T2) flight).
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
And if lounge is open. Check QF flight times.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:33 pm

Qantas first class lounge access Melbourne

Hi thereI'm flying qatar business class and hold platinum status with privilege club. I know this grants me access to qantas first lounge but for this flight I've decided to credit velocity points and status instead of avios or Qantas.The question is will they still let me in as my boarding pass will have my velocity status not oneworld?

​​​​​​​Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as you are
(a) flying on a OW operated flight and
(b) booked on a OW marketed flight
you should be able to get access by showing your emerald status membership card. If you are booked on the QR flight number, no issue. If you are booked on a codeshare that is of a non OW airline, then no access entitlement
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:40 am

Thanks for clarification.on a OW operated and booked flight.​​​​​​​I don't have my physical card with me. I guess showing my digital platinum privilege card (which highlights emerald status) will do?

Cheers
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Be prepared that for lounge revenue reasons they ask that you switch FF numbers or deny access, as QR audits who QF allows access to the first lounge. I have bene in similar situations due to maximising points and have had to settle for the lounge that I am entitled to based on what is actually in the booking.

That said, I would give it a go, and hand over both the BP and the App confidently.

KF
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
As an OWE I've never had any issues entering the MEL F lounge. Last time was on QR. A nice smile and a flash of the digital (Finnair) plat card and all is good. They didn't even scan the QR code on my phone.
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 9:16 am

Hello all - Newbie question:
Flying in to MEL from USA and connecting to SYD. (4 hour connection time); Both flights in business.
In this case, can a OneWorld Emerald access Qantas First lounge in MEL?

I do not know how this transit works in MEL (e.g., are the international and domestic sections separate....so a domestic flyer cannot access the First lounge?)
Old May 14, 2023, 9:58 am

Correct, you will need an international flight to access the first lounges. In MEL very easy transfer, head through customs and to your left is the Qantas domestic terminal. Recheck bags and go through security to the Business lounge. You can take liquids on Australian domestic flights.

you may also wish to check with the staff at the business check in desk or hanging around the automated checkin desks about an earlier flight to Syd. With intl connections they tend to be more lenient on changes.

QF domestic lounge will have showers, food, internet, coffee, no alcohol before midday.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Correct, you will need an international flight to access the first lounges. In MEL very easy transfer, head through customs and to your left is the Qantas domestic terminal. Recheck bags and go through security to the Business lounge. You can take liquids on Australian domestic flights.

you may also wish to check with the staff at the business check in desk or hanging around the automated checkin desks about an earlier flight to Syd. With intl connections they tend to be more lenient on changes.

QF domestic lounge will have showers, food, internet, coffee, no alcohol before midday.
Ok thank you very much! great to know!
Old May 14, 2023, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello all - Newbie question:
Flying in to MEL from USA and connecting to SYD. (4 hour connection time); Both flights in business.
In this case, can a OneWorld Emerald access Qantas First lounge in MEL?

I do not know how this transit works in MEL (e.g., are the international and domestic sections separate....so a domestic flyer cannot access the First lounge?)
As above in Australia
  • international arrivals
  • international departures
  • domestic departures-arrivals
are physically separate. Are 3 distinct areas.
You can only access the MEL T2 international departures Qantas First lounge if you have a boarding pass/security/immigration check for a flight from T2 international. Are a very few limited AU domestic flights from the international departure terminal.

As above, T2 to T1 QF domestic is a 3 minute walk and up 1 level.
ft4lyf likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
As above in Australia
  • international arrivals
  • international departures
  • domestic departures-arrivals
are physically separate. Are 3 distinct areas.
You can only access the MEL T2 international departures Qantas First lounge if you have a boarding pass/security/immigration check for a flight from T2 international. Are a very few limited AU domestic flights from the international departure terminal.

As above, T2 to T1 QF domestic is a 3 minute walk and up 1 level.
Thank you!!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Melbourne / MEL First Lounge [Master Thread]

Has anyone been to this lounge recently? I'm reading that it's about the same as the Sydney International First Lounge. Looking forward to reading about your experiences with this lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.