FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   I’ll put a note on your file (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1995563-i-ll-put-note-your-file.html)

MKBshaw Nov 15, 2019 8:38 am

I’ll put a note on your file

Is this the new Qantas language for get [...] off the phone? 4/4 on seat selection as a QF Plat member for this now common verbiage and then nothing assigned when I get to the airport. Man QF is going downhill in my books.

davistev Nov 15, 2019 11:28 am

What happened?

nancypants Nov 15, 2019 7:17 pm

I’ve never needed to phone in to reserve seats as a plat. With limited details to go on, I’m guessing this involved otherwise blocked seats, perhaps a basinette or blocked for airport control or perhaps a codeshare?

3544quebec Nov 16, 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MKBshaw (Post 31739876)
Is this the new Qantas language for get [...] off the phone? 4/4 on seat selection as a QF Plat member for this now common verbiage and then nothing assigned when I get to the airport. Man QF is going downhill in my books.

I'll put a note on your file = The cheque's in the mail

MKBshaw Nov 16, 2019 4:02 pm

SYD-SCL-EZE with QF metal on SYD-SCL. Called and had seats selected over the phone with Qantas agent, arrived at airport and had been allocated worst seats on the plane, seated separately from wife who is also QF Plat. Just wild.

m0hamed Nov 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MKBshaw (Post 31744435)
SYD-SCL-EZE with QF metal on SYD-SCL. Called and had seats selected over the phone with Qantas agent, arrived at airport and had been allocated worst seats on the plane, seated separately from wife who is also QF Plat. Just wild.

Were you on the same PNR? If not, did you link them? Was there an equipment swap?

nancypants Nov 17, 2019 4:46 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 31744480)
Were you on the same PNR? If not, did you link them? Was there an equipment swap?

nevermind any of that,

was this a Latam codeshare ie was your flight booked under the LATAM code? If so all bets are off on seating and putting a note in your file is literally the maximum they can do, even though it achieves nothing

MKBshaw Nov 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Yup, same PNR, nothing special about routing!

danielonn Dec 1, 2019 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec (Post 31743404)
I'll put a note on your file = The cheque's in the mail

Or please don't fly us ever again in a polite way(:

mikalee Dec 1, 2019 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by MKBshaw (Post 31744435)
seated separately from wife who is also QF Plat. Just wild.

Did you call on behalf of your wife/QF Plat with her PIN ....

_fx Dec 2, 2019 1:58 am

Random similar data point. I very recently asked a P1 coworker to call about a seat assignment oh my behalf. They got the exact same line.

Granted, I was asking for a seat I was not entitled to (forward cabin on A380). But rather than getting a “no, because that’s not allowed,” they got just what you said: “sorry, we’d love to help, but we can’t! System won’t let us! So we’ll make a note. Ok bye!”

m0hamed Dec 2, 2019 2:33 am

Originally Posted by _fx (Post 31795151)
Random similar data point. I very recently asked a P1 coworker to call about a seat assignment oh my behalf. They got the exact same line.

Granted, I was asking for a seat I was not entitled to (forward cabin on A380). But rather than getting a “no, because that’s not allowed,” they got just what you said: “sorry, we’d love to help, but we can’t! System won’t let us! So we’ll make a note. Ok bye!”

What a ridiculous request. The agent was absolutely correct, they used to be able to override the system but they now can't. So in this instance they agent was 100% correct.

_fx Dec 2, 2019 2:44 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 31795214)
What a ridiculous request. The agent was absolutely correct, they used to be able to override the system but they now can't. So in this instance they agent was 100% correct.

Wanting to sit next to a companion is probably one of the most common requests. Good to know agents can’t override but it sounded like an excuse.

m0hamed Dec 2, 2019 3:14 am

Originally Posted by _fx (Post 31795236)
Wanting to sit next to a companion is probably one of the most common requests. Good to know agents can’t override but it sounded like an excuse.

Unless you're on the same PNR you're not entitled to preferred seating. The comp WP exists to benefit the P1's partner or another family member.

_fx Dec 2, 2019 3:44 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 31795283)
Unless you're on the same PNR you're not entitled to preferred seating. The comp WP exists to benefit the P1's partner or another family member.

Yes I know, that’s my entire point. This isn’t a thread about who is entitled to what, it’s about whether agents are using “making a note” as a generic excuse to get people off the phone. In my example, the agent could’ve simply said “this isn’t allowed” (as you have so kindly stated multiple times now), but instead they dodged the issue, presumably to avoid annoying a P1 member and end the call sooner as OP hypothesizes.