I値l put a note on your file

Old Nov 15, 19, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF
I値l put a note on your file

Is this the new Qantas language for get [...] off the phone? 4/4 on seat selection as a QF Plat member for this now common verbiage and then nothing assigned when I get to the airport. Man QF is going downhill in my books.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Nov 15, 19 at 1:37 pm Reason: Removed profanity
Old Nov 15, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
What happened?
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 15, 19, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF WP
I致e never needed to phone in to reserve seats as a plat. With limited details to go on, I知 guessing this involved otherwise blocked seats, perhaps a basinette or blocked for airport control or perhaps a codeshare?
Franky16 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 19, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by MKBshaw View Post
Is this the new Qantas language for get [...] off the phone? 4/4 on seat selection as a QF Plat member for this now common verbiage and then nothing assigned when I get to the airport. Man QF is going downhill in my books.

I'll put a note on your file = The cheque's in the mail
levelnine likes this.
Old Nov 16, 19, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

SYD-SCL-EZE with QF metal on SYD-SCL. Called and had seats selected over the phone with Qantas agent, arrived at airport and had been allocated worst seats on the plane, seated separately from wife who is also QF Plat. Just wild.
Old Nov 16, 19, 5:25 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
SYD-SCL-EZE with QF metal on SYD-SCL. Called and had seats selected over the phone with Qantas agent, arrived at airport and had been allocated worst seats on the plane, seated separately from wife who is also QF Plat. Just wild.
Were you on the same PNR? If not, did you link them? Was there an equipment swap?
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 17, 19, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
Were you on the same PNR? If not, did you link them? Was there an equipment swap?
nevermind any of that,

was this a Latam codeshare ie was your flight booked under the LATAM code? If so all bets are off on seating and putting a note in your file is literally the maximum they can do, even though it achieves nothing
Old Nov 17, 19, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Yup, same PNR, nothing special about routing!
Old Dec 1, 19, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
I'll put a note on your file = The cheque's in the mail
Or please don't fly us ever again in a polite way(:
Old Dec 1, 19, 7:34 pm

seated separately from wife who is also QF Plat. Just wild.
Did you call on behalf of your wife/QF Plat with her PIN ....
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:58 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K
Random similar data point. I very recently asked a P1 coworker to call about a seat assignment oh my behalf. They got the exact same line.

Granted, I was asking for a seat I was not entitled to (forward cabin on A380). But rather than getting a 渡o, because that痴 not allowed, they got just what you said: 都orry, we壇 love to help, but we can稚! System won稚 let us! So we値l make a note. Ok bye!
Old Dec 2, 19, 3:33 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by _fx View Post
Random similar data point. I very recently asked a P1 coworker to call about a seat assignment oh my behalf. They got the exact same line.

Granted, I was asking for a seat I was not entitled to (forward cabin on A380). But rather than getting a 渡o, because that痴 not allowed, they got just what you said: 都orry, we壇 love to help, but we can稚! System won稚 let us! So we値l make a note. Ok bye!
What a ridiculous request. The agent was absolutely correct, they used to be able to override the system but they now can't. So in this instance they agent was 100% correct.
Old Dec 2, 19, 3:44 am
_fx

What a ridiculous request. The agent was absolutely correct, they used to be able to override the system but they now can't. So in this instance they agent was 100% correct.
Wanting to sit next to a companion is probably one of the most common requests. Good to know agents can稚 override but it sounded like an excuse.
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:14 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by _fx View Post
Wanting to sit next to a companion is probably one of the most common requests. Good to know agents can稚 override but it sounded like an excuse.
Unless you're on the same PNR you're not entitled to preferred seating. The comp WP exists to benefit the P1's partner or another family member.
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:44 am
_fx

Unless you're on the same PNR you're not entitled to preferred seating. The comp WP exists to benefit the P1's partner or another family member.
Yes I know, that痴 my entire point. This isn稚 a thread about who is entitled to what, it痴 about whether agents are using 杜aking a note as a generic excuse to get people off the phone. In my example, the agent could致e simply said 鍍his isn稚 allowed (as you have so kindly stated multiple times now), but instead they dodged the issue, presumably to avoid annoying a P1 member and end the call sooner as OP hypothesizes.
MKBshaw likes this.

Last edited by _fx; Dec 2, 19 at 5:12 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: