FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   VH OJU retirement points plane (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1984503-vh-oju-retirement-points-plane.html)

nancypants Aug 25, 2019 9:20 pm

VH OJU retirement points plane

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...306cd61ca.jpeg
Saw this today, an interesting proposition- anyone going??

Actually a bit sad I will be missing this but hopefully it will be a thing for the retirement of the rest of them

Dave Noble Aug 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Seems a good way for QF to reduce its points liability on a flight that might otherwise go empty

SQTraveller Aug 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Do they have a first class on this plane? I'm guessing that they do, and they have already sold those out? Or maybe saved them for senior staff?

og Aug 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by SQTraveller (Post 31459960)
Do they have a first class on this plane? I'm guessing that they do, and they have already sold those out? Or maybe saved them for senior staff?

A simple google search for “VH-OJU seat map” shows Business seating as the highest class on this aircraft.

nancypants Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Indeed the final 747 with first class retired about 6 months ago (and hadn’t been being sold as F for a long time, was “FLUB class”)

now F only available on a380

mikalee Aug 28, 2019 2:28 am

I see the definition of a "points plane" has already suffered a downgrade with not all Economy seats available for redemption!

nancypants Aug 28, 2019 3:03 am

Originally Posted by mikalee (Post 31464922)
i see the definition of a "points plane" has already suffered an downgrade enhancement with not all economy seats available for redemption!

ftfy 😉

Isochronous Aug 28, 2019 10:30 pm

Do they open up more points seats on regular flights coming back? Otherwise that's a lot of people stuck in the States with no way home!

Dave Noble Aug 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous (Post 31468563)
Do they open up more points seats on regular flights coming back? Otherwise that's a lot of people stuck in the States with no way home!

I cannot see why it would do so - this is just another "look at me, look at me" attempt for press coverage - those that book it may well only want to go one way - or are prepared to pay to come back / travel back on an airline with points availabilty

nancypants Aug 28, 2019 10:54 pm

Wasn’t part of the deal with the “biggest changes to QFF ever” thing that there would be heaps more points seats in general?

og Aug 29, 2019 12:05 am

Shirley people don’t redeem points for a one way flight without thinking “now, I wonder how I’ll get back home again”? Geeeez!

nancypants Aug 29, 2019 1:52 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 31468725)
Shirley people don’t redeem points for a one way flight without thinking “now, I wonder how I’ll get back home again”? Geeeez!

honestly the state of some people nothing surprises me anymore (and don’t call me Shirley 😉)

Dave Noble Aug 29, 2019 3:57 am

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31468599)
Wasn’t part of the deal with the “biggest changes to QFF ever” thing that there would be heaps more points seats in general?

With another flight solely being available for points redemptions, there are more seats in general

nancypants Aug 29, 2019 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 31469159)
With another flight solely being available for points redemptions, there are more seats in general

define “heaps” though

Dave Noble Aug 29, 2019 5:46 am

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31469177)

define “heaps” though

"When i use a word", Qantas said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less" :)