VH OJU retirement points plane

Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP
VH OJU retirement points plane

Saw this today, an interesting proposition- anyone going??

Actually a bit sad I will be missing this but hopefully it will be a thing for the retirement of the rest of them
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Seems a good way for QF to reduce its points liability on a flight that might otherwise go empty
nancypants and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:04 pm

Do they have a first class on this plane? I'm guessing that they do, and they have already sold those out? Or maybe saved them for senior staff?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:17 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Do they have a first class on this plane? I'm guessing that they do, and they have already sold those out? Or maybe saved them for senior staff?
A simple google search for VH-OJU seat map shows Business seating as the highest class on this aircraft.
nancypants and levelnine like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Indeed the final 747 with first class retired about 6 months ago (and hadnt been being sold as F for a long time, was FLUB class)

now F only available on a380
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
I see the definition of a "points plane" has already suffered a downgrade with not all Economy seats available for redemption!
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikalee
i see the definition of a "points plane" has already suffered an downgrade enhancement with not all economy seats available for redemption!
ftfy 😉
minz56 and mikalee like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do they open up more points seats on regular flights coming back? Otherwise that's a lot of people stuck in the States with no way home!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Do they open up more points seats on regular flights coming back? Otherwise that's a lot of people stuck in the States with no way home!
I cannot see why it would do so - this is just another "look at me, look at me" attempt for press coverage - those that book it may well only want to go one way - or are prepared to pay to come back / travel back on an airline with points availabilty
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Wasnt part of the deal with the biggest changes to QFF ever thing that there would be heaps more points seats in general?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:05 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Shirley people dont redeem points for a one way flight without thinking now, I wonder how Ill get back home again? Geeeez!
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Shirley people dont redeem points for a one way flight without thinking now, I wonder how Ill get back home again? Geeeez!
honestly the state of some people nothing surprises me anymore (and dont call me Shirley &#128521
og likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
Wasnt part of the deal with the biggest changes to QFF ever thing that there would be heaps more points seats in general?
With another flight solely being available for points redemptions, there are more seats in general
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
With another flight solely being available for points redemptions, there are more seats in general
define heaps though
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by nancypants

define heaps though
"When i use a word", Qantas said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to meanneither more nor less"
nancypants and levelnine like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.