Search

Jetstar to Qantas checked luggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Jetstar to Qantas checked luggage

Hi,

My wife is booked Jetstar Queenstown to Melbourne connecting onto an international flight in J - so in transit
Both the Jetstar and Qantas websites have confused me and Qantas call centre said all good - but she has got concerned by Jetstar's website.
She will have checked luggage - will Jetstar check the luggage through for her to LHR or will she have to clear customs and recheck in her bag in Melbourne.

thanks
BCE
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is ZQN--???-MEL (JQ) and MEL-???-LHR (QF) all on 1 ticket?
How much time between JQ & QF flights?
ZQN non stop to MEL? MEL flight via PER (QF9) ?
Great Circle Mapper
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it is all on one ticket, then Jetstar will check through ( as per https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/help/a...gage-transfers )

If they are separate bookings, then you are not connecting, but just doing 1 jounrey from ZQN-MEL and a separate journey from MEL-LHR; in this case you will have to clear immigration and customs and then head to Qantas check in desk to check bags in for the onward flight; if there is a problem with the JQ flight and she misses the QF checkin closure time, then she will be just a no-show and have to change the MEL-LHR ticket accordingly , so make sure to have left plenty of time
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Thanks.
All on one ticket later in year.

cheers
BCE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.