Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:07 pm

A "FF for many year [sic] and Platinum for 3" and refers to status credits as points?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
that FB poster can participate. just pay the cancellation fee, and rebook.

.... oh they dont want to pay cancellation fee? no problem buy fully flex next time.

.... thats fine they can fly malaysia airlines or Virgin or jetstar next time
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by nancypants
Anyone want to confess to this classic bit of DYKWIA behaviour in the Facebook comments? Perhaps not a flyertalker by the look of the thought process
QF's next response: "Dear DYKHIA, your issue has been referred to someone who does care".
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
Was this promotion advertised via email this time?
seem to have missed the promo unfortunately
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:53 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kniesel
Was this promotion advertised via email this time?
seem to have missed the promo unfortunately
Emailed as well as the extension to 25/2. Also (eventually) shown on QF home page. AFAIK it was open to everyone as long as they Registered prior to making bookings.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Just wondering if anyone had issues getting theirs? Send an email for five itineraries to them on Monday and still nothing. First travel was in March, most recent last Saturday.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Actually, mine all posted automatically without me having to chase - which is the first time that has happened.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by littlegreenman
Just wondering if anyone had issues getting theirs? Send an email for five itineraries to them on Monday and still nothing. First travel was in March, most recent last Saturday.
i had mine.posted ok

i rerouted and rebooked on different date and reissued ticket, but kept same PNR... and it still posted 2.days after original credit...
Old May 23, 2019, 3:29 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fakecd
i rerouted and rebooked on different date and reissued ticket, but kept same PNR... and it still posted 2.days after original credit...
That is very useful info - thanks!
littlegreenman likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pbl22
Actually, mine all posted automatically without me having to chase - which is the first time that has happened.
did it (Status Credits) post at the same time as the original points ?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Beano
did it (Status Credits) post at the same time as the original points ?
The original points and SCs posted before the flights landed. The bonus (double) SCs posted approx 3 days later.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by pbl22

The original points and SCs posted before the flights landed. The bonus (double) SCs posted approx 3 days later.
ditto on 2-3 days fo double SC.

i think procedure is they run a batch every 2-3 days a week where they cross-check the PNR of bookings where SC was awarded since last batch run 2-3days ago, against list of PNR which are eligible for each DSC promotions (which in turn is presumably stored as array/matrix somewhere). so a simple algorithm of if() loop() funcions using two vectors/matrix in a programming code which can be written by the interns and i swear that was the case....

and thus the DSC of infancy had multiple loopholes (DSC towards loyalty bonus, etc) which subsequent interns were told to fix the algorithm

long story short key is to make sure PNR is same then its ok.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’m surprised to say my DSC just posted automatically (3 days after landing) on a ticket issued by Lufthansa (with one QF F segment), which also had subsequent changes made including the country of issue. I thought I’d have to fight for it..!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posting of double SC

Same here
the Qantas computer is working well!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Booked 3 return Y trips same day on this promo. Trips 1 and 3 have each posted the DSCs (the Monday after the weekend of each trip).

Five weeks on Trip 2 still to book DSCs but I also upgraded each o/w sector using points. I thought a change of itinerary rendered the DSCs no longer applicable (but can't now find this in the screenshots I took at the time) - but wouldn't have expected an upgrade to do this however rather than waiting the full 8 weeks before putting in a claim that is likely to be refused has anyone had a similar situation - and what was your outcome?

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.