Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why would QANTAS do this?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by og

Sounds like the change strategy for xONEx tickets. Ie fly the first sector before making changes otherwise pay the new fare - if changed.
Would make sense (does anyone still find value in the old xONEx tix these days?! Oops OT)...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Platy
...thanks..which is why you would defer making your changes in your earlier example when the prices went up until after taking the first flight...nice move!
exactly - once I had done the CAI-MCT leg ( of the CAI-MCT-KUL-SYD and back ) journey, date/time changes ( assuming D class available ) are free of charge. between me purchasing the ticket and travelling WY increased its D class fare from $2000 r/t inc taxes to a bit over $4000 r/t inc taxes. If I need to make another change and I need to go to C class, then I would just need to pay the difference between D/D that I did purchase to D/C using the fares in effect at time of original purchase ( approx $145 )

Given that this is a fare which is based in EGP, I could be hit with a bit extra / pay a but less if the rate of exchange for AUD <-> EGP has changed
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
exactly
...whilst hopefully enjoying the well rated business class on WY, the new terminal in MCT and the state of the art A350's on MH...!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Platy
...whilst hopefully enjoying the well rated business class on WY, the new terminal in MCT and the state of the art A350's on MH...!
Yup - the new terminal and the lounge is very nice in MCT
Unfortunately I received an involuntary upgrade on WY and had to suffer the very pleasant 1st class of WY - my foster son was left to enjoy business class ( for a 14 year old he has a good knowledge on airline business classes - from the dismal Club Europe of BA, moving up to UL, QF, RJ, MS, MH, QR, EK and WY - favourite airline WY and favourite lounge QR at LHR T4 )

The flight on MH was on an A380 however - hopefully will get to try out the A350 on way back

Last edited by Dave Noble; Dec 12, 2018 at 11:14 pm
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:45 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Flex can mean any of B, H, K, M, Y https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/pr...4-october-2017

So if Taylor booked M and only Y was available when she had to rebook, tough unless QF waives the fare diff (probably if she had a lot of business with QF recently...)?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by percysmith
No, that's domestic. For international its only B,H and Y ... K and M are "Economy Saver" for international tickets. There is a $700 difference between H and Y, so that's $350 on a one way basis. Throw in an $80 fee if changing via contact centre, it's comes to $430 so getting close to the $500 mentioned.
moa999 and percysmith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.