Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Newbie Question .... Qantas FF status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFP LTS

Thanks for bearing with the newbie ....

I have a question about Qantas minimum flight requirements.
I have enough status points (700 -plus) to reach gold level, but not enough flights on Qantas/Jetstar.

From the reading I have done I understand I can do a couple of cheap jetstar flights (with bundle added for FFpoints) to get me the flights I need,
My question is - do I need 4 flights to reach silver status and the ANOTHER 4 flights to reach gold status or just 4 flights in total?
(Hope that makes sense!!!)

Thanks in advance for help
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:23 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Just the 4 flights in total. And welcome to FT!
shillard likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:52 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Four eligible flights per membership year and enough status credits will get/retain status.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by Jacksta
I can do a couple of cheap jetstar flights (with bundle added for FFpoints) to get me the flights I need,
Note that sometime Jetstar takes a while to credit ie weeks according to one thread here. Generally I find QF metal flights can credit as same day or next business day in most cases. Factor this in for when you want Gold status as it won't be available to use until it credits even if you have flown days ago.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by mikalee
Note that sometime Jetstar takes a while to credit ie weeks according to one thread here. Generally I find QF metal flights can credit as same day or next business day in most cases. Factor this in for when you want Gold status as it won't be available to use until it credits even if you have flown days ago.
Pus Star has gotten a lot better - 2-3 days to post points and SCs of late.

Make hay while the sun, it shineth.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.