Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't book ex DXB anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
That is really strange. I'm pretty sure the EK agent in DXB needs more training.

(I Suspect laziness, or they missed or did not understand that part of the course.)

It should be possible as QF and EK have an interline agreement.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
That is really strange. I'm pretty sure the EK agent in DXB needs more training.

(I Suspect laziness, or they missed or did not understand that part of the course.)

It should be possible as QF and EK have an interline agreement.
Update: Did the same route again and must have got more competent staff this time as it all went as I expected it should have.
serfty likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:41 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ps107
.... I'm probably the only person in the world who wishes QF still flew to DXB.
Out of curiousity, why don't you fly the DXB-AKL non-stop on EK?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by ps107
Update: Did the same route again and must have got more competent staff this time as it all went as I expected it should have.
I wonder if the previous agent thought that Auckland is in Australia. Wouldn't surprise me. Some people don't know where NZ is on a world map.
nancypants and ps107 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
Out of curiousity, why don't you fly the DXB-AKL non-stop on EK?
I've been flying AKL-DXB non-stop but DXB-BNE-AKL because of the night departure. DXB-AKL non-stop leaves around 10am and lands around 11am from memory so I'd lose a day by having to stay an extra night in Dubai and then sit in a plane all day instead of arriving at midnight. I think with summer schedules and/or daylight saving in NZ, the BNE connection becomes impossible so I'll have to come up with another plan. Also, DXB-BNE has been half full when I've flown it, so easy to nab 3 or 4 economy seats to stretch out. Haven't been able to do that on the non-stop yet.

Last edited by ps107; Oct 3, 2018 at 12:49 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:07 am
ECR

Until very recently it was possible to book a standalone LHR to DXB flight with no connections under a QF code. I have been looking in the last few days and it seems that it is no longer possible, so I assume something has changed very recently.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ECR
Until very recently it was possible to book a standalone LHR to DXB flight with no connections under a QF code. I have been looking in the last few days and it seems that it is no longer possible, so I assume something has changed very recently.
ITA is showing such itineraries, one-way and round-trip, both ex-LHR and ex-DXB.

Albeit in Y class. As in Y booking class. Only.

Which would remain consistent with what Dave Noble reported in post 2 above: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...l#post29658765

So I wonder whether the QF website's reluctance to do so is a glitch rather than anything else. If it's been refusing for several days and that reflected a genuine change in policy, I would have expected this to have found its way to the GDS by now.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looking on EF, it seems that on 30th April QF stopped offering fares other than YOW and YRT fares on that route
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Question No more QF codeshare on EK LON <> DXB only?

About three months ago I was looking at a QF flight on EK metal LHR - DXB - LHR. It seems shortly after all these fares were pulled. Have searched, but cannot find any notice or information about the withdrawal of codeshares on this route. The QF8008 codeshare is bookable if travelling on to Oz, but only EK8 is bookable where DXB is the final destination. Anyone know if this is a permanent change?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: QF WP
Has been discussed previously, I believe still current

Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by nancypants
Has been discussed previously, I believe still current

[mod hat] Correct, therefore I am merging the two threads. [/mod hat]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.