Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else noticed polentaphilia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
I had nice polenta and chicken on QF 35 yesterday.
none coming back on QF36....it's only a 'supper' flight, ie "main plates" ( paneer butter masala, Korean beef sandwich, shoyu ramen noodles with chicken, linguine with prawns, roast duck with egg noodles and vegetables).

Dont know why this is 'supper' , ie one course, flight, it leaves at 1930 ( normal dinner time for me rather than 'supper'= something light before bed and not before 2230).

I only took this because couldn't get on QF23 ( on which there is more sensible , real dinner). QF 36 slightly underwhelming.

Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Wait until you work out that the F menu is pretty much the same as J, just with a more verbose description....
J "caper pangrattato" is up there ( or perhaps my culinary Italian isn't what it used to be).
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by paolo64

none coming back on QF36....it's only a 'supper' flight, ie "main plates" ( paneer butter masala, Korean beef sandwich, shoyu ramen noodles with chicken, linguine with prawns, roast duck with egg noodles and vegetables).

Dont know why this is 'supper' , ie one course, flight, it leaves at 1930 ( normal dinner time for me rather than 'supper'= something light before bed and not before 2230).

I only took this because couldn't get on QF23 ( on which there is more sensible , real dinner). QF 36 slightly underwhelming.

The assumption is that you'll eat in the lounge pre-flight. Very poor of QF to not offer a full meal service on a flight that departs right on dinner time.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bensyd
The assumption is that you'll eat in the lounge pre-flight. Very poor of QF to not offer a full meal service on a flight that departs right on dinner time.
Not everyone has time to do eat in the lounge before a flight - e.g. short connections booked or previous flight running late, held up at check in / immigration / security, etc.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Perhaps its time QF actively publicised “we’d prefer you to eat in the lounge, but if you REALLY want to eat a full meal on board then let us know ..”
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
"Supper" = "Save on Costs"

They are pushing reality, but I suppose they are hanging that on QF36 currently departing at 10:30pm Melbourne time ...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Is the ex-TYO evening flight still the 200 kcal, micro-portion dieters' heaven, or has it improved (or worsened, if you are on a harsh, 400 kcal/day near-starvation diet)?

The lounge food is very sparse there (if you go to the QF lounge, although JL one is OK in terms of quantity) so they can't even say they'd prefer you to eat in the lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Not everyone has time to do eat in the lounge before a flight - e.g. short connections booked or previous flight running late, held up at check in / immigration / security, etc.
I'm not advocating it. It's poor form, as I said.

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Is the ex-TYO evening flight still the 200 kcal, micro-portion dieters' heaven, or has it improved (or worsened, if you are on a harsh, 400 kcal/day near-starvation diet)?
Lol. I took that flight back in mid/late 2016. It was still on starvation mode. No idea where it's at now. I've been through TYO a few times since, guess what airline I didn't fly?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Lol. I took that flight back in mid/late 2016. It was still on starvation mode. No idea where it's at now. I've been through TYO a few times since, guess what airline I didn't fly?
Same here, that's why I'm asking rather than speaking from recent experience. I have not taken an evening flight ex-TYO on QF for a while after they tried to make me go on a crash diet in J a couple of times consecutively.

In QF's defence daytime BNE-TYO offers a good amount of food and it's actually pretty good, and of course it's the lovely A330 rather than the indecent exposure-inducing slope masquerading as a bed that I would not dare put into a full bed mode in a skirt for fear I slide down within my skirt with not-so-decent consequences (speaking from experience, although thankfully I had my blanket covering me)!

Speaking of QF flights, what has happened to the juice option in pre-departure drinks on domestic J?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Speaking of QF flights, what has happened to the juice option in pre-departure drinks on domestic J?
That disappeared around six months ago.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoldCanyon340
That disappeared around six months ago.
Right, so it's sadly a permanent demise then. I thought it might be a temporary issue that affected my flights.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Right, so it's sadly a permanent demise then. I thought it might be a temporary issue that affected my flights.
Assuming nothing has changed in the last few weeks as I haven't flown since mid-December. There used to be a rather nice cranberry juice on offer and I'm sad to see that go.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
The four domestic J flights I took in December only offered still or sparkling water as PDBs.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yep, "still Water" or "sparking" was offered on a late December SYD-MEL flight I took.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.