Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas PER-LHR schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Globaliser
As it seems that nobody has yet actually posted the schedule, this is what it looks like to me:-
  • QF9 MEL-PER 1620-1720 (4:00) daily from Sat 24 March 2018
  • QF9 PER-LHR 1850-0510+1 (17:20) daily from Sat 24 March 2018
  • QF10 LHR-PER 1330-1315+1 (16:45) daily from Sun 25 March 2018
  • QF10 PER-MEL 1445-2110 (3:25) daily from Mon 26 March 2018
90 minute turnaround at PER. IMHO fairly slim margin for stuff like delays, weather etc.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Because I was comparing against travelling on Qantas .

If someone is going to travel on a different airline then it is irrelevant anyway
it is relevant if it means QF loses business!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Platy
it is relevant if it means QF loses business!
I doubt that changing connection point from Dubai to Perth is going to lose it much business - not sure if it would help it gain business

I can see a non stop service helping QF gain passengers for the Perth-Sydney run and there are plenty of people wanting to buy MEL-PER tickets each day
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
90 minute turnaround at PER. IMHO fairly slim margin for stuff like delays, weather etc.
I think the plane just stops at PER to refuel and take on more passengers, so 90 minutes should be enough. Once at MEL, it will likely continue to LAX.

However, as QF10 PER-MEL will be a domestic segment, passengers will have to get off the plane and clear immigration, which is still a hassle.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nkvuong
However, as QF10 PER-MEL will be a domestic segment, passengers will have to get off the plane and clear immigration, which is still a hassle.
The terminal information listed is:-
  • MEL T2 to PER T3
  • PER T4 to LHR T3
  • LHR T3 to PER T3
  • PER T4 to MEL T2

Quite how that will all work will be one for the PER experts, but it looks to me like it's possible that a through passenger from LHR to MEL will not clear immigration and customs until arriving at MEL T2.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think the plane just stops at PER to refuel and take on more passengers, so 90 minutes should be enough. Once at MEL, it will likely continue to LAX.

Actually I suspect that this will not be the case. Given that it is operating as QF10, I would posit that it will operate as an international service ; as such Melbourne bound passengers passengers will not need to clear immigration , collect bags and clear customs in Perth , but will complete formalities in Melbourne
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: QFF

QF09 MEL-PER 1520-1720
QF09 PER-LHR 1850-0510+1
QF10 LHR-PER 1330-1315+1
QF10 PER-MEL 1445-2010
QF95 MEL-LAX 2140-1900
QF96 LAX-MEL 2355-0925+2

All QF flights 1-399 (200-399 being codeshares) operate from international terminals.

People connecting through PER to MEL on QF10 (or through PER to LHR from MEL) will go through international connections and not need to clear border formalities at PER.
Just the same as QF8 used to do in BNE or UA used to do in SYD on the way to MEL.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I doubt that changing connection point from Dubai to Perth is going to lose it much business - not sure if it would help it gain business

I can see a non stop service helping QF gain passengers for the Perth-Sydney run and there are plenty of people wanting to buy MEL-PER tickets each day
but QF has already accepted lost business in absolute terms straight off the bat by halving its capacity on the MEL-LHR route!

that is a 25% reduction on its own capacity on its supposed premier routes to LHR

the business is contracting rather than facing the reasons why it can't sell its product...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
All QF flights 1-399 (200-399 being codeshares) operate from international terminals.
Although given the terminal numbers now listed for QF9/10 at PER, it looks like this will be an exception.

At present, QF's PER-SIN is still listed as operating to/from PER T1 after QF9/10 starts. I wonder whether there is enough capacity and/or any plan to change this flight too? It's at completely different times of the day, though.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Although given the terminal numbers now listed for QF9/10 at PER, it looks like this will be an exception.

At present, QF's PER-SIN is still listed as operating to/from PER T1 after QF9/10 starts. I wonder whether there is enough capacity and/or any plan to change this flight too? It's at completely different times of the day, though.
Qantas will be moving its international operations out of PER (what there is of them) across to T3.
The new flight will operate through Qantas’ existing domestic terminals (T3/4), which will be upgraded to accommodate international flights. The airline’s current international services from Perth (to Singapore and to Auckland) will also move to this terminal, helping to simplify the journey for thousands of people every year. Qantas will move its operations to an expanded Terminal 1 at Perth Airport by 2025, pending a commercial agreement.
http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...rth-to-london/
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite
Qantas will be moving its international operations out of PER (what there is of them) across to T3.
Thanks - so presumably the terminal information will get updated at some stage. No doubt QF has a plan for reducing the announcement confusion!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks - so presumably the terminal information will get updated at some stage. No doubt QF has a plan for reducing the announcement confusion!
One would assume so. I imagine they will do it when they have a firm date for the move.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
I can't seem to find any premium economy seats on the inaugural LHR-PER flight, have these just not been loaded? I can only see flex economy seats for this flight thus far.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMBurns1512
I can't seem to find any premium economy seats on the inaugural LHR-PER flight, have these just not been loaded? I can only see flex economy seats for this flight thus far.
EF says that it's W9 R9 T0, for both UK and Australia POS.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by crazyegg
Not good for HBA either. I'm a regular on the hop to MEL then onto QF9 to LHR.

Now it'll be a choice of 2 flights just to get to Perth or route the other way through SYD.
But Great News for ADL.I have only done the London trip once and that was on Singapore Airlines via Singapore almost six years ago.nearly six hours at the airport there 7.25 ADL-SIN AND 13.25 SIN-LHR SO A TOTAL of 20.5 hours and a 5h45 minute wait for the onward sector making for a total of 26h35minutes overall.If I WAS to go again this via Perth QANTAS OPTION would be my ideal way to go plus would be the better option given the SQ Schedules via SIN have now an eight hour transit before going onwards.QF587 ADL-PER TO CONNECT TO THE QF9 WOULD SAVE ME BIG TIME in travel over of the best Connections over ASIA that the likes of SQ OR MH could offer me.if a decent onward connection to ADL can be offered coming off the QF10 I would be in for sure as a customer.I love my Singapore or KUALA LUMPUR stopovers and all but don't always need it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.