Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas SYD First Lounge transit access - help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas SYD First Lounge transit access - help?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:51 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Do I get access to QF F lounge in SYD if flying from SYD to AKL on QF or LAN as a OW Emerald? Not sure if Australia to NZ flights are considered truly international.
You would be crazy to pick a QF 738 over LA on this route for the hard product.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You would be crazy to pick a QF 738 over LA on this route for the hard product.
I am planning on picking LAN for this route. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:21 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
They have a year round $700ish fare return SYD-AKL in J.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They have a year round $700ish fare return SYD-AKL in J.
I can see value of LA if happy with LA for SYD-AKL - but for the return AKL-SYD, the timing is so awful that I wouldn't be taking it - business on CI or Premium Economy on NZ would be my choices for the inbound
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I can see value of LA if happy with LA for SYD-AKL - but for the return AKL-SYD, the timing is so awful that I wouldn't be taking it - business on CI or Premium Economy on NZ would be my choices for the inbound
I would take, and have taken, the LA flight as it gives me a full day in SYD rather than waste a day on travel. Some people are used to travelling in the early hours but you can get caught in the peak period at SYD but I have never had that much of a delay of more than 15 minutes.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I would take, and have taken, the LA flight as it gives me a full day in SYD rather than waste a day on travel. Some people are used to travelling in the early hours but you can get caught in the peak period at SYD but I have never had that much of a delay of more than 15 minutes.
for a r/t SYD-AKL ( as opposed to AKL-SYD r/t) , flying back onLA , to me (a) causes an extra day's accommodation cost in Auckland combined with (b) the early departure

I would much rather take the 18:30 CI service which also ime has had lower fares than LA
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
for a r/t SYD-AKL ( as opposed to AKL-SYD r/t) , flying back onLA , to me (a) causes an extra day's accommodation cost in Auckland combined with (b) the early departure

I would much rather take the 18:30 CI service which also ime has had lower fares than LA
Given the OP specifically wants F Lounge access I only stuck to OW options.

EK metal on a QF flight number is another option.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:30 am

Given the OP specifically wants F Lounge access I only stuck to OW options.

EK metal on a QF flight number is another option.
The base fares on SYD-AKL for 1 way vs return seem to be that return fare is double that of a oneway. Going SYD-AKL on LA to get lounge access , doesn't need to lead to travelling r/t on LA --- the post responded to referred to $700 return fate. can come back on another carrier with no impact on fare
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:51 am

That's not my experience on LA. It prices more expensive if booking one way in J.

OP would also get F lounge access in AKL (regardless of how dire it is).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Going to hijack this thread briefly. I plan to fly SYD-MEL on QF Y, do I get access to the QF First Class lounge if I'm OW Emerald?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by andreiz
Going to hijack this thread briefly. I plan to fly SYD-MEL on QF Y, do I get access to the QF First Class lounge if I'm OW Emerald?
No. F lounge is airside in the international terminal while your flight departs and arrives at domestic terminal. No access to international terminal airside without an international flight from that airport.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
As per KF’s post above. And, if you are unfamiliar with QF domestic lounges, you’ll be delighted with the facilities and catering. You’ll be able to access the QF Business lounge in SYD T3 - its the first lounge entrance left of security.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by og
As per KF’s post above. And, if you are unfamiliar with QF domestic lounges, you’ll be delighted with the facilities and catering. You’ll be able to access the QF Business lounge in SYD T3 - its the first lounge entrance left of security.
Thanks. Was just trying to decide whether it's worth booking QF at $161 vs VA at $120.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
Thanks. Was just trying to decide whether it's worth booking QF at $161 vs VA at $120.
To me a QF club visit is not worth $41.
OWE should get you better QF seat selection. MEL SYD wheels up to wheels down is about 60 minutes.
You will get AA miles on QF or DL miles on VA
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No. F lounge is airside in the international terminal while your flight departs and arrives at domestic terminal. No access to international terminal airside without an international flight from that airport.
Forgot to mention that I will be arriving from SIN at 11 am and won't do the Melbourne flight until at least 2 pm. Does this change the equation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.