Wiki Posts
Search

Noob Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Noob Seating Questions

Hey Guys ,

I'm looking at going from BNE - LAX on the Boeing 747-400.

Do the armrest retract up in economy or premium economy?
Looking at the back of the place in economy there where are just 2 seats , will these armrest retract ?

Cheers,

Shifty
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: QF QP
Very hard to answer, do you mean all the arm rests or the ones between the two seats. A lot are fixed, will depend on the individual aircraft and which seats in particular. Plan on them being fixed and if they are not, it will be a nice surprise.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: QF
Sat back there last Oct. The video box under the seats in front was a real PITA. Only half a seat width for footspace. Really difficult overnight. The centre arm rest may have raised, but can't recall for sure.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: BA
I sat in the exit row in Y and it was well worth the extra cash. Mainly because it let me stretch out but also because I'd read about the lack of underseat space.

I think the armrests do go up, there's sometimes a small clip/lever on the base of the armrest by the seatback that you need to push to allow it to raise though, as they are otherwise locked in position.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by ShiftY_au
Hey Guys ,

I'm looking at going from BNE - LAX on the Boeing 747-400.

Do the armrest retract up in economy or premium economy?
Looking at the back of the place in economy there where are just 2 seats , will these armrest retract ?

Cheers,

Shifty
In premium economy, and selected economy seats*, the armrests are fixed.

In all other economy seats the armrests can be raised.

*these being at emergency exits and bulkheads where the tray table is stored in the armrest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.