Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How Does the T4 to TBIT Xfer At LAX Work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Does the T4 to TBIT Xfer At LAX Work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by expatboy
Can OWS (travelling in Y) use the Premium queue, or is it restricted for F and J? I'll arrive into T4 from IAH with AA and have to transit to TBIT for QF16.

Is the walking route easily signposted?
First/Business has been on my BP's in recent years and that has been sufficient to use the priority queue.

To be honest, at around 7:30pm to 8:00pm when I am normally transferring my experience is that the queues are pretty short and quick anyway; you head up an escalator at either the SW or NW end of the check in hall, do a U turn and head back to the middle.

As far as direction from the T4 A/C to the TBIT Business lounge go, assuming you already have your BP, do the following (from memory):
  • Head out of the A/C, down the stairs/elevator and out to the T4 concourse.
  • Turn left and head along towards exit/baggage claim as signed going to right as you approach the end.
  • Do not take the escalator down to baggage collection - keep to the left of the escalator and looking looking ahead and you will see a manned security exit.
  • Head though and you will find yourself on a mezzanine above the check-in hall.
  • Take the short escalator down, head out to the departures roadway and turn left.
  • Follow the footpath around as it around the right from T4 to TBIT and enter the check-in hall.
  • Enter and then head along all the way to the back left - this is the SW corner.
  • Go up an escalator and at the top do that U turn around to your right and ahead you will see security.
  • Go through as normal - after security follow the walkway out to the departures concourse.
  • When you come out to the large main area you should see some elevators to your right.
  • Take these up to the *O lounge (go to the right after you exit the elevator).

Last edited by serfty; Aug 10, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by serfty
In my experinces, the bus has not been unreliable.

Also, my general walk time to walk from T4 (Flagship Lounge) to TBIT (Qantas First Lounge) in recent months is about 20 minutes - this includes security where there is a premium queue.

I do agree with the other points though and, in general, I do prefer to walk.
it's supposed to go on the hour and and on the half hour, but in half a dozen tries this year I've not had much luck in having it depart timely at one of those intervals.

I agree the security lines in TBIT early evening are not long and there is a premium queue, but I'm just not into non-precheck screening any more if it can be avoided.

The Qantas F lounge is indeed nice, quite like MEL or SYD, but for me it has varied a lot, from serene uncrowded haven (a couple of tuesday flights) to a full-capacity noisy mess (a saturday in january I think it was).

I expect we'll all be much happier if/when the connector tunnel finally opens.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by serfty
First/Business has been on my BP's in recent years and that has been sufficient to use the priority queue.

To be honest, at around 7:30pm to 8:00pm when I am normally transferring my experience is that the queues are pretty short and quick anyway; you head up an escalator at either the SW or NW end of the check in hall, do a U turn and head back to the middle.

As far as direction from the T4 A/C to the TBIT Business lounge go, assuming you already have your BP, do the following (from memory):
Thanks - much appreciated . Thinking to go HBO since it's a 5 night trip, so that may make things less stressful. Inspired by c-w-s and others
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
That caused a chuckle here...

Report back your experinces..transfers, lounge..you know the drill.

So here goes:
Bus starts running at 4:30pm, not 4:00. Just FYI.

Security at TBIT was a pain - very crowded and long lines, but I was still the first person to access the First Lounge. Do they hire models exclusively to man the doors?

The lounge is beautiful, but more impressive are the staff. I was amazed to find the level of professionalism that they all demonstrated, and the food was excellent. I had the squid, sashimi, and Korean burger. Absolutely incredible.

I like the design of the Business lounge MUCH more than that of the First, but it was really, really crowded. I didn't even stay for a drink, just went back to my place in the FL.

Now that I've been through the lounge in SYD I see the tie-in with the decor, but it's unfortunate that there wasn't more done to differentiate the space in LAX. I suppose for the smaller space, it's been done about as much as can be.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by zpaul
Do they hire models exclusively to man the doors?
Welcome to LA, baby!

PS - Im lazy, what time do they OPEN?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Welcome to LA, baby!

PS - Im lazy, what time do they OPEN?
Open a 4:00pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.