FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   New Charges for Domestic Exit Row Seats for Gold FF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1673365-new-charges-domestic-exit-row-seats-gold-ff.html)

Flauschie_Mr Apr 19, 2015 6:17 pm

New Charges for Domestic Exit Row Seats for Gold FF

Not sure if this has been covered here (I search revealed nothing), but it hit me by surprise. Now Gold FF are charged when selecting an emergency exit row seat on domestic travel, which used to be free.

I’m flying BNE-PER rt every once in a while, and usually select the exit row seats when available. However, this time I found a charge of 60AUD per seat per flight attached to those seats. I wonder if Platinum FF can still select those for free.

Anyways, I phoned the call center and they confirmed that it had been introduced roughly three month ago. During that call the agent kept on advertising QFs new PER-SIN route. First time someone did that when I called.

seat_4D Apr 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr (Post 24689558)
Not sure if this has been covered here (I search revealed nothing), but it hit me by surprise. Now Gold FF are charged when selecting an emergency exit row seat on domestic travel, which used to be free.

I’m flying BNE-PER rt every once in a while, and usually select the exit row seats when available. However, this time I found a charge of 60AUD per seat per flight attached to those seats. I wonder if Platinum FF can still select those for free.

Anyways, I phoned the call center and they confirmed that it had been introduced roughly three month ago. During that call the agent kept on advertising QFs new PER-SIN route. First time someone did that when I called.

I have had a look at a December booking I have.

On the A330 I need to pay $60 for the exit row. On the 738 I can select the exit row for free.

Would appear that if the plane must have pax in the exit row (73H) then the charge is not levied whereas if there is crew available to operate the exit they will gouge irrespective of your status.

perthite Apr 20, 2015 7:01 pm

The charge is actully for "Extra Legroom Seats", and was introduced a few months back. I think platinum members have to pay as well...

travelislife Apr 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Pretty sure it is only on the East-West routes, not any others.

serfty Apr 20, 2015 10:06 pm

It's been the case since November 1 last year.

From AFF: Qantas Domestic charging for exit row seats now?!

Flauschie_Mr Apr 21, 2015 4:05 am

Oh, wasn't aware of the AFF posts.

Reading the corresponding article in the Australian Business Traveller confirms it. The A 330 transcontinental flights are the domestic flights where one now has to pay for the emergency exit seats (extra leg room seats). The rest are still free to select.

Oh well, will need to get used to the standard seats again ;).

shuuy Oct 26, 2015 4:30 am

Qantas is charging spouses of Platinum One's the fee as well..

seat_4D Oct 26, 2015 7:21 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie (Post 25616453)
Qantas is charging spouses of Platinum One's the fee as well..

I love it how Jimmy Red-e-Deal will take a $199 fare can pay $60 to get something that the most business flyers who are WP1/WP/SG are unable to do because of the structure of their business booking arrangements.

That QF "need" to secure an extra $240 a flight is somewhat pathetic to say the least.