Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Charges for Domestic Exit Row Seats for Gold FF

Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus

Not sure if this has been covered here (I search revealed nothing), but it hit me by surprise. Now Gold FF are charged when selecting an emergency exit row seat on domestic travel, which used to be free.

I’m flying BNE-PER rt every once in a while, and usually select the exit row seats when available. However, this time I found a charge of 60AUD per seat per flight attached to those seats. I wonder if Platinum FF can still select those for free.

Anyways, I phoned the call center and they confirmed that it had been introduced roughly three month ago. During that call the agent kept on advertising QFs new PER-SIN route. First time someone did that when I called.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
Not sure if this has been covered here (I search revealed nothing), but it hit me by surprise. Now Gold FF are charged when selecting an emergency exit row seat on domestic travel, which used to be free.

I’m flying BNE-PER rt every once in a while, and usually select the exit row seats when available. However, this time I found a charge of 60AUD per seat per flight attached to those seats. I wonder if Platinum FF can still select those for free.

Anyways, I phoned the call center and they confirmed that it had been introduced roughly three month ago. During that call the agent kept on advertising QFs new PER-SIN route. First time someone did that when I called.
I have had a look at a December booking I have.

On the A330 I need to pay $60 for the exit row. On the 738 I can select the exit row for free.

Would appear that if the plane must have pax in the exit row (73H) then the charge is not levied whereas if there is crew available to operate the exit they will gouge irrespective of your status.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
The charge is actully for "Extra Legroom Seats", and was introduced a few months back. I think platinum members have to pay as well...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Pretty sure it is only on the East-West routes, not any others.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's been the case since November 1 last year.

From AFF: Qantas Domestic charging for exit row seats now?!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Oh, wasn't aware of the AFF posts.

Reading the corresponding article in the Australian Business Traveller confirms it. The A 330 transcontinental flights are the domestic flights where one now has to pay for the emergency exit seats (extra leg room seats). The rest are still free to select.

Oh well, will need to get used to the standard seats again .
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Qantas is charging spouses of Platinum One's the fee as well..
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Qantas is charging spouses of Platinum One's the fee as well..
I love it how Jimmy Red-e-Deal will take a $199 fare can pay $60 to get something that the most business flyers who are WP1/WP/SG are unable to do because of the structure of their business booking arrangements.

That QF "need" to secure an extra $240 a flight is somewhat pathetic to say the least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.