Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Transfer from non OW airline to QF at BKK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold

Hi, I am about to board a TG flight to BKK and have a 7 seven hour layover before my flight with QF (operated by EK) in J to SYD. As I do not have a boarding card for my QF/EK flight I was wondering what the opening hours of the QF transfer desk at BKK is? Can I use both the QF and the EK transfer desks for this? I suppose I need a boarding card to get into the lounge..
Thanks.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The airside transfer desks are generally open all day. Just find the relevant desk and get your boarding pass there.

Can you not check in online (app on your phone/tablet)?

Failing that, the lounge should be able to assist you in checking in. Just make sure you bring your printed confirmation, and your FFP status cards (if relevant to your case).

Note that if you have checked luggage, it is unlikely to be transferred across - this is becoming a rarity on separate tickets. So you may have to go landside to retrieve your luggage, and you therefore may be forced with a wait until check-in for your onward flight opens. (However, as there are so many EK flights to/from BKK, it's likely that at least the EK desk will be open, so you probably could check in straight away, anyway). You won't be able to get back airside until you obtain a boarding pass.
Old May 10, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by gordon0808
Hi, I am about to board a TG flight to BKK and have a 7 seven hour layover before my flight with QF (operated by EK) in J to SYD. As I do not have a boarding card for my QF/EK flight I was wondering what the opening hours of the QF transfer desk at BKK is? Can I use both the QF and the EK transfer desks for this? I suppose I need a boarding card to get into the lounge..
Thanks.
You'll need EK desk not QF as it's the operating carrier.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Thank you for replying. The very helpful and friendly staff at the EK desk took care of it for me. Very nice flight too. I now regret not booking EK both ways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.