Search

"Ready for Takeoff" TV Show

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
"Ready for Takeoff" TV Show

(My apologies if the TV show is already being discussed in a different thread. A search in the forum didn't reveal anything)

I've watched the first two episodes, and I think that the woman who was denied boarding in episode two didn't seem to be in a very bad shape.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
I was super excited for this show. Very disappointed it was made by channel 9 and therefore presented in a very trashy manor, it was no where near as classy as the similar BA doc.

Still it was good to see some behind the scenes stuff and see some cabin crew I recognised though would have been nice to see more of the lounges and first class that most people never get to see!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:02 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by QueEff
I was super excited for this show. Very disappointed it was made by channel 9 and therefore presented in a very trashy manor, it was no where near as classy as the similar BA doc.

Still it was good to see some behind the scenes stuff and see some cabin crew I recognised though would have been nice to see more of the lounges and first class that most people never get to see!
A pity your manor is trashy but that's your own doing.

However, the manner in which the show is presented is fairly low budget aimed at the lowest level of society which regrettable.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Just finished episode 4.
It appears that they are trying to cover the same type of jobs that are covered in "Ultimate Airport: Dubai", but the comparison between the EK and QF staff is not very flattering for QF.
The QF staff may get the work done, but most of the staff would most likely not be very successful at EK.
But at least they treat the customers better than Tigerair does.
The "Air Ways" show was brutal, although that may be the result of the passengers' behavior in most cases.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm up to Episode 4 on YouTube. For some reason the final episode (8) isn't available. Being in the UK, YouTube is my only option.

Not a bad documentary, quite light hearted. QF are coming out of it pretty well, compared to BA at least with their BBC documentary last year.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Genius1
Not a bad documentary, quite light hearted. QF are coming out of it pretty well, compared to BA at least with their BBC documentary last year.
I presume you're referring to "Come Fly With Me"? Without a doubt the best of the life-at-the-airport shows ever made...
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So I just started watching the first episode of this. 5 seconds in, the voiceover says "Every year it flies over 50 million passengers over 200 million miles"

So I guess the average Qantas flight is around 4 miles long? (That's about 6 km, for those in Australia...)
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by docbert
I presume you're referring to "Come Fly With Me"? Without a doubt the best of the life-at-the-airport shows ever made...
No, the documentary was 'A Very British Airline'.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by docbert
So I just started watching the first episode of this. 5 seconds in, the voiceover says "Every year it flies over 50 million passengers over 200 million miles"

So I guess the average Qantas flight is around 4 miles long? (That's about 6 km, for those in Australia...)
Poetic licence! It is over 3km from SYD to MEL, and your average A380 carries over 10 passengers!

Dave
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:47 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Frankly the production was terrible. We watched it because it was QF, but it was no comparison to Ultimate Airport DXB which was produced by National Geographic.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
show looked awful from the adverts, why would QF want to get involved with this is beyond me
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Just watched episode 8 on YouTube - so many factual errors! "QF 9 from Sydney" in the DXB segment. "QF 3 to Los Angeles" in the Melbourne bit.

Gross amateurism.

Dave
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garethlewis
show looked awful from the adverts, why would QF want to get involved with this is beyond me
QF came out of the documentary quite well, despite the poor directing and inaccuracies.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Originally Posted by thadocta
Just watched episode 8 on YouTube - so many factual errors! "QF 9 from Sydney" in the DXB segment. "QF 3 to Los Angeles" in the Melbourne bit.

Gross amateurism.

Dave
Yes there was a lot of those silly mistakes! Most of the actual Melbourne flights were said to be to/from SYD, the crew operating the flight to DXB with the 2 new FA's on OJT were operating out of MEL too.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: Some
I get hooked on airport shows regardless of how well they are made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.