FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Perth international Qantas club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1564163-perth-international-qantas-club.html)

raycuz Mar 28, 2014 8:36 am

Perth international Qantas club

Will Qantas keep the lounge open at Perth international now they have no flights.

AustralianPoochie Mar 28, 2014 11:21 am

Giggles, it could be a point of attack for angry QFF members. (So to speak, seeing its in the secure zone, so not everyone can vent their anger at that location).
I am certainly NOT happy with their news of yesterday.
Not that I dare to do anything about it, but still, not happy.
Looks like after all my bookings with QFF are taken up, I will have to do all my flying with VAVR (VirginAustralia Velocity Rewards).
Seriously, it could become like an Ansett cocoon! Till it started disappearing, bit by bit.

raycuz Mar 28, 2014 5:19 pm

*confused face

nickcirc Mar 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Other OW patterns still use it, and QF does still have Jetstar flights that depart. Will it continue to exist in its current form? Most probably not, Once the expansions are all done and dusted most of that area will probably change anyway won't it?

Put simply, there will probably be "some" kind of option for you as a QFF. Even if its just a new epic EK lounge

Kiwi Flyer Mar 28, 2014 10:15 pm

QF charges other airlines to use it - e.g. NZ.

trg2u Mar 29, 2014 8:33 am

Guessing that NZ will surely come to some agreement with Singapore in near future for Perth.Seems logical with SG/VA/NZ working together now.
One less airline customer for QF lounge.

AustralianPoochie Mar 29, 2014 8:42 am

It might become something like an Associated Lounge like the Manaia Lounge at Christchurch.
Most likely they will change the name of the Qantas International Lounge to something else, as no QF international flights will use that lounge in the next few month henceforth.
My previous reply was a pisstake, tongue in cheek, who in their right mind will get angry at the doors to a lounge, because the owner of the lounge had mistreated them.

Kiwi Flyer Mar 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by trg2u (Post 22609611)
Guessing that NZ will surely come to some agreement with Singapore in near future for Perth.Seems logical with SG/VA/NZ working together now.
One less airline customer for QF lounge.

The SQ lounge is too small according to NZ. Their PER flights tend to have lots of elite passengers.

zainman Mar 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Do QR and MH use this facility also? If yes maybe they would like to have it open..

TPJ Mar 31, 2014 7:49 am

Originally Posted by zainman (Post 22612740)
Do QR and MH use this facility also? If yes maybe they would like to have it open..

IIRC MH has its own lounge... It is located next to the SQ lounge.

Blackcloud Mar 31, 2014 1:46 pm

QF will most likely close with either a deal to a new operator or to negotiate access to an existing lounge or just say to PER international travellers sorry you are SOL.

cova Mar 31, 2014 7:19 pm

CX uses it - so it likely will remain an OW lounge. As I recall, EK already has a separate lounge next to the QF lounge.

justin_krusty Mar 31, 2014 10:22 pm

CX have enough flights to take it over I would think, and QF have gifted them a lot of OW traffic so their numbers will likely only increase. That would be a good outcome.

QR would probably keep using it and given NZ are now friends with CX on the HKG-AKL route perhaps they would be happy to share in PER also.

seat_4D Mar 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by zainman (Post 22612740)

MH do have their own garden shed.

I would see it staying as OW lounge, with Death Star bogans heading in to preload on the unmanned drinks fridge pre flight to bogan heaven.

I read a story recently of the unhappiness of EK F pax with the incursion of scum through their hallowed doors

Dave Noble Mar 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by seat_4D (Post 22626244)
MH do have their own garden shed.

I would see it staying as OW lounge, with Death Star bogans heading in to preload on the unmanned drinks fridge pre flight to bogan heaven.

I read a story recently of the unhappiness of EK F pax with the incursion of scum through their hallowed doors

I can't see why it would stay as a Qantas lounge if Qantas has no flights; would be probably quietest Qantas lounge in the network

if the space was taken over by a OW carrier, then Jetstar passengers would not have lounge access rights anyway. What is it with calling Jetstar passengers "bogans"?