Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perth international Qantas club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Perth international Qantas club

Will Qantas keep the lounge open at Perth international now they have no flights.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Giggles, it could be a point of attack for angry QFF members. (So to speak, seeing its in the secure zone, so not everyone can vent their anger at that location).
I am certainly NOT happy with their news of yesterday.
Not that I dare to do anything about it, but still, not happy.
Looks like after all my bookings with QFF are taken up, I will have to do all my flying with VAVR (VirginAustralia Velocity Rewards).
Seriously, it could become like an Ansett cocoon! Till it started disappearing, bit by bit.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

*confused face
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:39 pm

Other OW patterns still use it, and QF does still have Jetstar flights that depart. Will it continue to exist in its current form? Most probably not, Once the expansions are all done and dusted most of that area will probably change anyway won't it?

Put simply, there will probably be "some" kind of option for you as a QFF. Even if its just a new epic EK lounge
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
QF charges other airlines to use it - e.g. NZ.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: NZG,QF S
Guessing that NZ will surely come to some agreement with Singapore in near future for Perth.Seems logical with SG/VA/NZ working together now.
One less airline customer for QF lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
It might become something like an Associated Lounge like the Manaia Lounge at Christchurch.
Most likely they will change the name of the Qantas International Lounge to something else, as no QF international flights will use that lounge in the next few month henceforth.
My previous reply was a pisstake, tongue in cheek, who in their right mind will get angry at the doors to a lounge, because the owner of the lounge had mistreated them.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by trg2u
Guessing that NZ will surely come to some agreement with Singapore in near future for Perth.Seems logical with SG/VA/NZ working together now.
One less airline customer for QF lounge.
The SQ lounge is too small according to NZ. Their PER flights tend to have lots of elite passengers.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Do QR and MH use this facility also? If yes maybe they would like to have it open..
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:49 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by zainman
Do QR and MH use this facility also? If yes maybe they would like to have it open..
IIRC MH has its own lounge... It is located next to the SQ lounge.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
QF will most likely close with either a deal to a new operator or to negotiate access to an existing lounge or just say to PER international travellers sorry you are SOL.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
CX uses it - so it likely will remain an OW lounge. As I recall, EK already has a separate lounge next to the QF lounge.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
CX have enough flights to take it over I would think, and QF have gifted them a lot of OW traffic so their numbers will likely only increase. That would be a good outcome.

QR would probably keep using it and given NZ are now friends with CX on the HKG-AKL route perhaps they would be happy to share in PER also.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by zainman
MH do have their own garden shed.

I would see it staying as OW lounge, with Death Star bogans heading in to preload on the unmanned drinks fridge pre flight to bogan heaven.

I read a story recently of the unhappiness of EK F pax with the incursion of scum through their hallowed doors
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by seat_4D
MH do have their own garden shed.

I would see it staying as OW lounge, with Death Star bogans heading in to preload on the unmanned drinks fridge pre flight to bogan heaven.

I read a story recently of the unhappiness of EK F pax with the incursion of scum through their hallowed doors
I can't see why it would stay as a Qantas lounge if Qantas has no flights; would be probably quietest Qantas lounge in the network

if the space was taken over by a OW carrier, then Jetstar passengers would not have lounge access rights anyway. What is it with calling Jetstar passengers "bogans"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.