Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF J Lounge in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

speaking of this- why isn't there an easy way to traverse from QF Biz to QF First in HKG? Or did I miss something during my visit in August... Yes I'm a lounge lizard
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
[SIZE=1]...
speaking of this- why isn't there an easy way to traverse from QF Biz to QF First in HKG? Or did I miss something during my visit in August... Yes I'm a lounge lizard
It's always been a PITA to get from the QF lounge mezzanine to the "teen" gates that Qantas often use. This will likely still be the case one the refurbished combined F/J lounge reopens.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Its still probably less of a walk from the HKG mezzanine gates to the teen gates, than what you often have to walk from the QF SYD lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by moa999
Its still probably less of a walk from the HKG mezzanine gates to the teen gates, than what you often have to walk from the QF SYD lounge.

It's a thing hearing the boarding call and knowing having up to a 400 metre journey to Gate 18 ...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...08347,0.009484
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Agree it is a pain that while you can see the gates, you have to backtrack to get down to that level.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by moa999
Or from CX Wing to almost anywhere!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:21 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by serfty

It's a thing hearing the boarding call and knowing having up to a 400 metre journey to Gate 18 ...
Would be quicker if you jump over the balcony
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Or from CX Wing to almost anywhere!
The other day I had a trek from The Wing to gate 47 right at the very end of the terminal.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:27 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The other day I had a trek from The Wing to gate 47 right at the very end of the terminal.
HKG is one of the few airports where such a walk is not an imposition (apart from getting around slow vague people with no consideration of others who might be trying to pass them ...).
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by og
HKG is one of the few airports where such a walk is not an imposition (apart from getting around slow vague people with no consideration of others who might be trying to pass them ...).
Right. It is a good distance to stretch the legs and the wide terminal means easy to pass those who are slow or stationary. The only issue is timing that last drink in the lounge.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Right. It is a good distance to stretch the legs and the wide terminal means easy to pass those who are slow or stationary. The only issue is timing that last drink in the lounge.
I do have one complaint about HKG... its too bloody warm inside the terminal. Granted I was there in the summer- but I'd like to have a brisk walk without working up a sweat.

An intriguing idea jumping over the balcony. Perhaps QF could install a 'slide' for those seated in F
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
HKG is one of the "nicer" terminals in terms of walking. I prefer to walk from A to B specially after a long flight to get the circulation going and some exercise, and as others have noted, the very wide "halls" make it easier to get around clueless/selfish types, or just long lines of people lining up to board the 744 to TPE.

Interested question from those who have used both - given oneworld privs and/or status, would you even consider the QF J lounge over a CX offering? I am not talking QF WP's who can get into the Wing (F) which is really nice (oh those bathtubs are so relaxing!! ) but I can't see how the QF J offering would come near to the CX lounges with the noodle bars and the like.. or am I wrong?

Someone mentioned the MEL F lounge being horrible (as an aside) - I've only used it once but I must agree it is smaller and more cramped than the wonderful space at SYD though the location at MEL was right at the 380 gate areas, so I could basically walk out of the lounge, down the stairs and onto the QF93 which was very convenient, though SYD is not at all far from the gate 8/9/10 complex that QF uses for the longhaul 380/744's. I still prefer the SYD F lounge though, but I dislike the transfer process to/from domestic, but, if I'm gaining SC's, I'll do the tag for that, but when coming from MEL, it's obviously more convenient to go n/s, specially to LAX. I also think MEL's bubbly selection was less than SYD, bu that could just be a general QF cost cutting effort effecting both lounges....

Last edited by RichardMEL; Jan 1, 2014 at 5:05 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

in HKG I'd take CX J lounge over QF J any day- especially adding in the noodle bar (which I missed ) And there are several styles of J to choose from. But my own 2 cents
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Once the refurb is done i think the integrated QF lounge has the potential to be winner - Cantonese roast and yum cha trolleys sound scrumptious!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Interested question from those who have used both - given oneworld privs and/or status, would you even consider the QF J lounge over a CX offering? I am not talking QF WP's who can get into the Wing (F) which is really nice (oh those bathtubs are so relaxing!! ) but I can't see how the QF J offering would come near to the CX lounges with the noodle bars and the like.. or am I wrong?
I also prefer the CX lounges to QF.

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Someone mentioned the MEL F lounge being horrible (as an aside) - I've only used it once but I must agree it is smaller and more cramped than the wonderful space at SYD though the location at MEL was right at the 380 gate areas, so I could basically walk out of the lounge, down the stairs and onto the QF93 which was very convenient, though SYD is not at all far from the gate 8/9/10 complex that QF uses for the longhaul 380/744's.
QF also uses gate 24 for A380s at SYD. That is also not far from the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.