FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Dear Qantas - I am tired of these 20 minute plus wait times (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1199163-dear-qantas-i-am-tired-these-20-minute-plus-wait-times.html)

747-444 Mar 28, 2011 5:05 am

Dear Qantas - I am tired of these 20 minute plus wait times

Every time I phone them I seem to wait at least 20 minutes, the other day it was 45.

I actually have stuff to do, and I can't change some of my tickets on your website.

Here is a novel idea, hire some more call center staff.

747-444 Mar 28, 2011 5:33 am

35 minutes and counting.

og Mar 28, 2011 5:46 am

With QF I can't remember waiting more than a few seconds :) . Likewise, my calls to UA have been taken almost instantly too. However, its AA that has had me fuming on hold.

AndDee Mar 28, 2011 7:37 am

Speaker phone and/or a bluetooth headset solves call centre wait times

weero Mar 28, 2011 7:48 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 16114056)
With QF I can't remember waiting more than a few seconds :) . Likewise, my calls to UA have been taken almost instantly too. However, its AA that has had me fuming on hold.

Never had to wait for AA :confused: .

UA is ok-ish but only because I am an elite, QF has pretty bad wait times, SQ terrible ones, and LH doesn't answer the phone .. I am convinced.

747-444 Mar 28, 2011 9:12 am

Originally Posted by AndDee (Post 16114526)
Speaker phone and/or a bluetooth headset solves call centre wait times

Distracting while I am trying to work.

It irritates me because I have more than 1 ticket and need to make regular changes due to my current line of work. The countless hours I spend on the phone on hold is a joke.

ELAL Mar 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by 747-444 (Post 16114026)
35 minutes and counting.

Going mad too! the problem with my phone line is that after 30 minutes it cuts off (cheap line), meaning sometimes it's impossible to contact them.

I'm also in the process of waiting for them to reply to an email I sent to the London office, the current aiting time is [B]9 months[B] and still counting! (yes I've sent them 3 times a reminder, and all I get is the automatic confirmation reply).:mad:

vecta Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have any status with QF?
I've not had to wait for more than 20 seconds to be answered over the last 4 years as WP. The benifit of having the priority line is a huge thing imho.

deeruck Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by vecta (Post 16116995)
I'm guessing the OP doesn't have any status with QF?
I've not had to wait for more than 20 seconds to be answered over the last 4 years as WP. The benifit of having the priority line is a huge thing imho.

Similarly, only a minute wait maximum as a QP NB or QP PS.^

bugayev Mar 28, 2011 3:14 pm

I can't remember the last time I had a wait calling the platinum line..

Blackcloud Mar 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Only wait when I call after hours on the NZ number. It gets diverted to Australia and often non-platinum line but only 2 minute wait or so.
However judging by this post maybe there are people still on hold for QF since 2008!:eek::p

TonyHancock Mar 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Can't say that I have waited more than a few seconds.

Sounds great when it is put like that and it has been true for me as a WP and previously SG.

However, I have had a number of occasions where I am then on hold whilst the customer service person has to check something that at face value appears to be basic. There seems a lack of consistency in training of staff.

Sometimes getting even basic questions answered is a nightmare.

QF is just consistently inconsistent. When they get things right they are excellent......when they don't they can be dreadful.

chewy3 Mar 28, 2011 6:50 pm

If based in the United States, try www.lucyphone.com - no more holds.

aussiechris Mar 28, 2011 7:04 pm

No wait at all

All my recent calls to Qantas, regardless of the reason for the call, have been promptly answered in seconds on the Platinum line.^^
Great service, no delays.

Lonely Flyer Mar 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by aussiechris (Post 16118717)
All my recent calls to Qantas, regardless of the reason for the call, have been promptly answered in seconds on the Platinum line.^^
Great service, no delays.

I am a lowly bronze and have never waited more than a few minutes and certainly no more than 5.