Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: AFF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:33 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
OT: AFF

Is it just me or does almost every thread on AFF relating to QF descend into utter nonsense? On issues such as lounge access at LHR, or QF's recent recovery almost every post is an argument between members and very rarely on the topic?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is it just me or does almost every thread on AFF relating to QF descend into utter nonsense? On issues such as lounge access at LHR, or QF's recent recovery almost every post is an argument between members and very rarely on the topic?
Although I have walked the fine line, I do not think we can talk about AFF or other internet sites eg. Anet, on FlyerTalk.
Oh people know my feelings about AFF.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's something that happens on 'unrestricted' BB type sites/fora with quite a few members. Only takes one or three to stir the pot and off they go ...

... FWIW, much work is done to keep things in check; you don't see all that goes on or that is posted.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:13 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It reminds me why I prefer the FT community!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I prefer FT too.

But then I got the boot from AFF.....
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I am a self-exile...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by shillard
I prefer FT too.

I left after your banning, just too much.

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
I am a self-exile...
AFF suits some people and that is fine, I however am not one of them but with the latest goings on with QF I have scanned it....and came to the same conclusion as the OP
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:16 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I left after your banning, just too much.

AFF suits some people and that is fine, I however am not one of them but with the latest goings on with QF I have scanned it....and came to the same conclusion as the OP
there are quite a few of us who choose FT over the other place.

That we have to continually endure references and links to it is an anathema to our participation here.

As far as I am concerned, any references or links to it should result in post deletion.

It is almost as if others wish the QF section of FT to wither in preference...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That we have to continually endure references and links to it is an anathema to our participation here.

As far as I am concerned, any references or links to it should result in post deletion.

Nicely put. If for some bizarre reason, I wanted to know anything about AFF I would go there
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:24 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
...but don't you also post there as Jock28?

Originally Posted by shillard
I prefer FT too.

You would be welcome back to AFF. I'm sure all the water is well and truly under the bridge now. A quick PM to the moderators / admin would soon fix that, IMHO.

Of course, you don't have to click on the links to AFF

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Nicely put. If for some bizarre reason, I wanted to know anything about AFF I would go there
Wow, for an ex moderator on AFF, they must have really pi$$ed you off

Ps: I post and read both fora; I think they complement each other well^

Last edited by kpc; Dec 5, 2011 at 4:30 am
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I think thats a bit harsh.. There is some very relevant commentary there (eg RedRoo on T5 policy for QP members)
Also the place to go for anything on Aussie credit cards (and even tax advice) but I do agree some threads go way off topic....

but then I look at all three forums for a variety of views and perspectives - eg there are some great trip reports on MiP from Aussie based members that are not reposted elsewhere.

each to their own forum, but the more we share the more we all learn (and hopefully burn)
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

That too is very harsh - I personally don't choose one over the other - I feel they compliment each other and both assist me well with my wider travel aims.

I am also quite happy to assist others with theirs via posts on either forum.

With that, I have no issue with referencing another forum if I believe better information can be found there.

If you wish to close the other forum off from yourself, feel free to check any links post to ensure the don't reference before clicking. (I generally would note such a link to a post as being on another forum when creating.)

However, to state that any reference to the other forum should be deleted is to deny those who may visit here access to further information that may be possibly more helpful to them than that available here in such circumstance as may occur.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
I don't see any difference between the two.

I've had & seen similar experiences on both.....mind you I've seen more threads closed & suspensions issued on FT than AFF!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
I had plenty to say, but too much and too varied.

Suffice to say each of the sites has its strengths and its faults, its ups and its downs, and to engage in petty cross-forum carping is IMHO fairly infantile.

I'm happy to frequent both, learn and contribute where possible, and live with the highs and lows of each.

Oh, and I think (hope) VH-RMD's comments re post deletion were made with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Another happy to use both.Those that are argumentative on AFF are quite often the same here.Dont really see a difference.
Just read the AA forum here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.