Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LOT: PRG to ICN from €1399

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Nice little sale with LOT Polish Airlines on their flights from Prague, Czechia to Seoul, South Korea! These fare book into Z class which earn 105% with Aegean and 100% in most Star Alliance programs. So you would earn 10626 miles or 11157 in the case of Aegean.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals
Maple Red likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:20 pm

price looks fun in these situation...including case that they had lower fares for these route previously.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: A3 , M&M, HH, IHG AMB,
Exactly. it used to be around 1000€. But i would be careful with LOT. Looks like they will need Money from the State to survive but the Goverment hasnt decided yet wether to bail out or not.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by peco
Exactly. it used to be around 1000€. But i would be careful with LOT. Looks like they will need Money from the State to survive but the Goverment hasnt decided yet wether to bail out or not.
It's weird that it even a question as doesn't the polish state own 100% of the airline?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
It's weird that it even a question as doesn't the polish state own 100% of the airline?
Well, not necessarily. Look at South African Airways - 100% state owned, been bailed out for the last 20 years or more, but in the light of Covid19 the state has now turned around and said no more money, there are far more important things that need the money right now. So most believe an airline that was founded in 1934 will be no longer by the end of 2020 - same could happen with LOT.
Keter and raporot like this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Do not only look for a hint whether a government bails out an airline or not.
The other risk is simply that an airline suspends a route (e.g. to ICN) alltogether. No low fare is going to entice me putting up with the risk of fighting for free rerouting in the same travel class or fighting for a full cash refund.
I am not sure how the Czech court system works.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Messenger shot!
My rule of thumb on publishing fares is:
a) Market knowledge (Historical prices, distance flown etc)
b) When using Google Flights compare the current price to the overall price range (if low its a go!)
c) Mileage earning / uniqueness

We live in interesting times but I wish to continue posting deals as the world will go back to normal and its good to keep publishing deals...
Old Apr 16, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Well, not necessarily. Look at South African Airways - 100% state owned, been bailed out for the last 20 years or more, but in the light of Covid19 the state has now turned around and said no more money, there are far more important things that need the money right now. So most believe an airline that was founded in 1934 will be no longer by the end of 2020 - same could happen with LOT.
I think that is a apples to oranges comparison. SAA has been losing money for a long time and them not being told no bailout might be leverage to get the unions to back off on firing people and properly shrinking the airline.
LOT on the other hand has been growing and being quite profitable over the last 6 to 7 years. Them not getting a bailout would be a very weird choice as it isn't like Poland would be throwing good money after bad one.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Decent fare - especially considering I still have a 30 percent LOT discount voucher valid on any flight in any booking class which would bring it down to well under 1,000 EUR.

These were given to people who were kind enough to reschedule their LOT flight instead of asking for a refund. That LOT policy is still ongoing AFAIK - good deal if you ask me and worth considering if you are lucky enough to have an already booked LOT ticket with departure in the coming days. Considering that the paid price of the ticket I rescheduled was only 40 euro or so, that 30 percent discount voucher is a stellar deal and made rescheduling a no-brainer

That said, I won't be booking any flight whatsoever right now until more is clear considering corona, and even then I would only feel secure to book for trips on short notice as we are bound to see relapses in infection numbers/second infection waves. Similar LOT deals Europe->Asia like this one used to pop up now and then before and I hope/expect them to do again in the future.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:04 am

LOT on the other hand has been growing and being quite profitable over the last 6 to 7 years. Them not getting a bailout would be a very weird choice as it isn't like Poland would be throwing good money after bad one.
This seems like a very reasonable response.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:38 pm

I think that is a apples to oranges comparison. SAA has been losing money for a long time and them not being told no bailout might be leverage to get the unions to back off on firing people and properly shrinking the airline.
Very valid point. My only counter there would be, can the government prioritise it given the costs they will now have to bear. I guess only time will tell.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:20 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by wijibintheair
and dont forget on what times company was founded, that was good times of Apartheid.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by raporot
and dont forget on what times company was founded, that was good times of Apartheid.
And hopefully the use of the word "good" was tongue in cheek!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.