Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: NRT/ICN - South America (and reverse) $1550+ USD rt in BIZ (Book by 14APR20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: NRT/ICN - South America (and reverse) $1550+ USD rt in BIZ (Book by 14APR20)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Books into Aeromexico I class: https://www.wheretocredit.com/aeromexico/i (200% RDM on AM/DL)

Available from/to SAO/BUE/SCL/BOG. More likely. Works both ways

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON 15DEC20.
SALES RESTRICTIONS FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 05APR20.
Found with ITA and book with powertools. Doesn't show in Google Flights etc

SCL - NRT sample:

https://www.orbitz.com/Flights-Search?trip=MultipleDestination&leg1=from:SCL,frCo de:SCL,to:NRT,toCode:NRT,departure:5/21/2020Tanytime&leg2=from:NRT,frCode:NRT,to:SCL,toCod e:SCL,departure:6/1/2020Tanytime&passengers=adults:1,seniors:0,infanti nlap:N&options=cabinclass:business,nopenalty:N,car rier:null,sortbyrice&mode=search

NRT - SCL sample:

https://www.orbitz.com/Flights-Search?trip=MultipleDestination&leg1=from:NRT,frCo de:NRT,to:SCL,toCode:SCL,departure:5/6/2020Tanytime&leg2=from:SCL,frCode:SCL,to:NRT,toCod e:NRT,departure:5/17/2020Tanytime&passengers=adults:1,seniors:0,infanti nlap:N&options=cabinclass:business,nopenalty:N,car rier:null,sortbyrice&mode=search
z4017 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Appears to also be valid from TIJ for SoCal folks to use CBX.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:42 pm

Looking at doing a NYC - SCL and then adding in a SCL-TYO roundtrip in November. IS aeromexico safe to book with right now? $2500 for that total would be a dream
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Sgallagher0921
Looking at doing a NYC - SCL and then adding in a SCL-TYO roundtrip in November. IS aeromexico safe to book with right now? $2500 for that total would be a dream
Honestly who knows!! We live in interesting times, AM might be doing a cash grab and preselling their J cabins out cheap. Especially as this fare is valid for just one day. In theory Credit Card would give you protection if they go belly up... But it's hard to tell these days... Personally, I would still book them but it's up to everyone's risk tolerance...
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:24 pm

Great coincidence, I was checking similar, works for ICN from the m I'll leave perspective,
34,000 one way if you combine JFK-MEX-SCL-MEX-ICN-MEX-SCL-MEX-JFK, and straight gold for Delta
instead SCL, trying GRU from JFK will get extra miles too
For europe, it is more sweet deal,
$1200 from.BCN-MEX-SCL and adding SCL-MEX-ICN rt earns around 44,000 RDM one way and 65,000 MQM (correct me here if I am wrong)

Good deal
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Mehul Shah
Great coincidence, I was checking similar, works for ICN from the m I'll leave perspective,
34,000 one way if you combine JFK-MEX-SCL-MEX-ICN-MEX-SCL-MEX-JFK, and straight gold for Delta
$1200 from.BCN-MEX-SCL and adding SCL-MEX-ICN rt earns around 44,000 RDM one way and 65,000 MQM (correct me here if I am wrong)

Good deal
Base Delta flyer would obtain... Of course you would get more RDMs as you become Silver then Gold...

BCN-SCL 39936 RDMs 29952 MQMs 7987 MQDs
SCL-NRT ​​ 44352 RDMs 33264 MQMs 8870 MQDs
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: Latam Platinum
Originally Posted by Mehul Shah

Good deal
Which dates are you looking for BCN-MEX-SCL-MEX-ICN?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Matias C
Which dates are you looking for BCN-MEX-SCL-MEX-ICN?
2 seperate itinerary, won't be available as single ticket or trip, so you got to search seperately,
I checked october, november range
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
the fare has been extended until apr 10 for issuing tickets.
IAkH likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the fare has been extended until apr 10 for issuing tickets.
Maybe a mod can update the title for us?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it seem to anyone but me that there are way, way too many superdeals for AM on this forum just now? And that maybe those who buy them could end up waiting for tiny or no refunds from a Mexican bankruptcy court (it such a court even exists) sometime in the future? Just feeling very nervous about booking these.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Does it seem to anyone but me that there are way, way too many superdeals for AM on this forum just now? And that maybe those who buy them could end up waiting for tiny or no refunds from a Mexican bankruptcy court (it such a court even exists) sometime in the future? Just feeling very nervous about booking these.
Yep, had the same thought. TAP and LATAM also have many deals these days.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Wouldn't buy anything without bankruptcy insurance these days
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
It's indeed unusual that AM has so many deals and it lasts more than a week (in the past they were usually less than a day and you had to hurry up to get them). For most of us the biggest risk is by fall (or even winter) the travel restrictions may still be there and getting your money back might be lesser of your concern.

So like what jfkeze said, it depends on your risk tolerance. For me I dropped $650 and can deal with the loss if I'll still not be able to fly in Sept (or still not safe to travel at that point). During normal time I would've pulled the trigger for second trip during Christmas (there's one from Canada - South America) for $900 USD. So $500 - $600 is my risk tolerance, YMMV.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 8:12 pm

Doe's booking with a CC offer any protection? Really want to book a trip from JFK to SCL, spend a few weeks in Patagonia, then jump back on AM and go to Toyko for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.