Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LH/LX F Companion Fare ARN to Shanghai or Beijing £1,578/€1,843pp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LH/LX F Companion Fare ARN to Shanghai or Beijing £1,578/€1,843pp

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Wrong.
If you are connecting from LX F to GVA on the same ticket you very much have access to the GVA FCL.
If you arrive in GVA on LX F, I think you have indeed access to the GVA FCL, but if I am not wrong, that's limited to flights NYC GVA, since all other LX flights with F are from/to ZRH.
At least 1.5 years ago, I can tell you that what I was writing above is correct: no F lounge access in GVA when arriving in F in ZRH, several other FT folks were writing about it and I experienced it myself. Perhaps it has changed for the better but I doubt.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: LH, BA
Originally Posted by ranskis
If you arrive in GVA on LX F, I think you have indeed access to the GVA FCL, but if I am not wrong, that's limited to flights NYC GVA, since all other LX flights with F are from/to ZRH.
At least 1.5 years ago, I can tell you that what I was writing above is correct: no F lounge access in GVA when arriving in F in ZRH, several other FT folks were writing about it and I experienced it myself. Perhaps it has changed for the better but I doubt.
From my experience CDG-GVA-ZRH-NBO in First, you have access to the FCL. Travel date: March 2019

But, it was just a separated area at the end of the lounge, but with personal service.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by GIOTTO
From my experience CDG-GVA-ZRH-NBO in First, you have access to the FCL. Travel date: March 2019

But, it was just a separated area at the end of the lounge, but with personal service.
Flying out of ZRH in F is a different story. Have you try to access the FCL in GVA on the reverse itinerary NBO ZRH GVA CDG with NBO ZRH on LX F?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by kanamurva
This has propably been asked like million times so sorry about that: I'm I allowed to use the ZRH 1st class lounge on the way back before the business class flight ZRH-ARN?
Originally Posted by torontochinese
yes
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Yes, if the F arrival and J departure is on the same calendar day.
FCL is only date of flight. PVG/PEK-ZRH arrival and ZRH-ARN departure are almost certainly not on the same day.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by okrogius
FCL is only date of flight. PVG/PEK-ZRH arrival and ZRH-ARN departure are almost certainly not on the same day.
PVG LX189 and LX1254; BJS LX197 and LX1250 or LX1254. Not on the same day???
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ranskis
But if you arrive in ZRH on LX F and connect via GVA to wherever on LX J, then no F lounge in GVA, just Senator lounge.
Connection to ARN was asked, so I replied accordingly.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: LH, BA
Hi,

YES! I was wrong. I flew CDG-ZRH-NBO and then NBO-DAR-ZRH-GVA-CDG
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:18 am

Rebooking of this ticket

Due to pandemic of coronavirus, SWISS has introducing waiver policy for rebooking,

The FAQ from SWISS website:

Q: I have a non-rebookable flight booking with a departure date up to April 30. Can I rebook to a later date?

A: Due to the coronavirus, you can once rebook your flight ticket for the same route to a later date up to December 31, 2020, without any rebooking fee. If the original booking class is no longer available, you have to pay the corresponding difference. Please note that this special waiver policy currently cannot be carried out on swiss.com. If you want to rebook, please follow our rebooking and cancellation process (you will find this in the last question).

However, for tickets issued with this companion fare, the fare basis no longer exists. Therefore the ticket can't be reissued with the original price.

For a totally unused ticket, is it possible to rebook the flight segments for the same route and booking class according to the historical fare basis?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:31 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Gregyeh
Due to pandemic of coronavirus, SWISS has introducing waiver policy for rebooking,

The FAQ from SWISS website:

Q: I have a non-rebookable flight booking with a departure date up to April 30. Can I rebook to a later date?

A: Due to the coronavirus, you can once rebook your flight ticket for the same route to a later date up to December 31, 2020, without any rebooking fee. If the original booking class is no longer available, you have to pay the corresponding difference. Please note that this special waiver policy currently cannot be carried out on swiss.com. If you want to rebook, please follow our rebooking and cancellation process (you will find this in the last question).

However, for tickets issued with this companion fare, the fare basis no longer exists. Therefore the ticket can't be reissued with the original price.

For a totally unused ticket, is it possible to rebook the flight segments for the same route and booking class according to the historical fare basis?
Nope. That's the catch about this "free" rebooking. It's even worse in lower classes as LH virtually closed all low booking classes in Economy for example. Quite a poor move imho.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.