Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(GONE) All Alliances: PDX-Tokyo and SEA-Osaka in Nov/Dec '19 June/July 2020, ~$2370

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: George84
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE USD 500.00/CAD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. IN THE CASE OF THE DEATH OF THE PASSENGER/OR A TRAVELING COMPANION/ THE SERVICE CHARGE MAY BE WAIVED OR THE TICKET REFUNDED. VISIT AA.COM FOR DETAIL ---- FOR TRAVEL AGENCY BOOKINGS MADE IN MEXICO / THE CARIBBEAN / CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA - AA WILL ASSESS A USD 25.00 FEE ON ANY UNTICKETED RESERVATION NOT CANCELED BEFORE DEPARTURE. ANY TIME CHARGE USD 800.00/CAD 800.00 FOR NO-SHOW/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. IN THE CASE OF THE DEATH OF THE PASSENGER/OR A TRAVELING COMPANION/ THE SERVICE CHARGE MAY BE WAIVED OR THE TICKET REFUNDED. VISIT AA.COM FOR DETAIL ---- FOR TRAVEL AGENCY BOOKINGS MADE IN MEXICO / THE CARIBBEAN / CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA - AA WILL ASSESS A USD 25.00 FEE ON ANY UNTICKETED RESERVATION NOT CANCELED BEFORE DEPARTURE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 400.00/CAD 400.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. ---- THE ORIGINAL NON REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON REFUNDABLE. CHANGES PERMITTED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF EACH FLIGHT. ---- TICKETS AT THESE FARES MAY NOT BE REVALIDATED. TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED. FARE DIFFERENCE AND CHANGE FEE MUST BE PAID AND TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ITINERARY IS REBOOKED. ---- THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION AND PERSON. A CHANGE IS A ROUTING / OR DATE / OR FLIGHT MODIFICATION. CHANGE IS PERMITTED WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY OF ORIGINAL TICKET. ----------------------------------------------- WHERE THIS FARE IS COMBINED WITH ANOTHER FARE AND ONLY ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE PENALTY CONDITIONS OF THE CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WILL APPLY. WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS BEING CHANGED THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS WILL APPLY. ----------------------------------------------- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. ---- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. ------------------------------------------------- CALCULATION FOR REISSUES //CHANGES BEFORE OUTBOUND DEPARTURE// WHEN THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED. ----- WHEN THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT BUT OTHER FARE COMPONENTS ARE CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE OR CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF TICKET REISSUE WHICHEVER IS LOWER. -------------------------------------------------- //CHANGES AFTER DEPARTURE// THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE. -------------------------------------------------- THE NEW ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEWLY TICKETED FARE - I.E. ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING DEADLINE/MINIMUM/MAXIMUM STAY/BOOKING CLASS/SEASONALITY ETC. ------------------------------------------------ REISSUES / EXCHANGES NOT ALLOWED TO EOU/ERU FARE TYPES.
Print Wikipost

(GONE) All Alliances: PDX-Tokyo and SEA-Osaka in Nov/Dec '19 June/July 2020, ~$2370

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska

Seems like there's a sale from the Pacific Northwest to Japan on American/JAL (some with Alaska connections), United/ANA, or Delta. No quick turnaround: fares only work if the trip is two weeks or longer. Departure dates are Monday-Thursday starting in June 2020 and going through early July 2020. Also some dates in Nov/Dec of this year, though the options are more limited. Both TYO airports (NRT and HND) are part of it, as are both Osaka airports (KIX and ITM).

Search with GF and play around with the dates/alliances/airports.
June: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Nov: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Both Portland-Tokyo and Seattle-Osaka are pricing around $2,370. (Portland-Osaka is just a couple hundred bucks more, but Seattle-Tokyo not a good deal.) It IS possible to do multi-city itineraries, though. For instance I chose to book PDX-SEA-NRT on the way over, and ITM-NRT-SEA on the way back. Gonna have a nice belated honeymoon with this trip! But if your aim is to accrue more miles, there are OW routings through DFW or LAX for the same price or $50-100 more. Examples:

All AA: PDX-DFW-NRT, NRT-LAX-PDX
AA+JL: PDX-DFW-NRT, NRT-DFW-PDX

On the other hand, if you like flying nonstop, there's also Delta with PDX-NRT-PDX for $2357 (example).

Someone who understands fare rules better than I do should check whether these deals are likely to continue into July/August 2020 as we get 330 days out from that time frame (which would cover the Tokyo Olympics).
Pocatello and Arsene Wenger like this.

Last edited by Khaleesi; Sep 11, 2019 at 10:48 am Reason: New fare
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:32 pm

Amex IAP brings the DL-marketed fares down to around $2,070.
Gig103 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Amex IAP brings the DL-marketed fares down to around $2,070.
wow, great deal!

also, the 2x credit for DL travel
packages means you can pay with miles for only 115k miles per ticket, a good alternative to redemptions at the standard SM rates.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Make sure you are flexible of booking Delta as they are planning to move all flights to HND around April
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:23 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Without looking at any fare rules but playing around with it a very little, it appears there is a 14 day minimum before the return.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by Beckles
Without looking at any fare rules but playing around with it a very little, it appears there is a 14 day minimum before the return.
Thank you, this was already in the original post
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I just booked this deal on JAL (SEA-NRT-ITM). The cost is $1875 through the Amex international airline program, and it booked into x class, which earns 125% EQM and 225% RDM with Alaska. Thanks OP!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
wow. price dropped to 1370 USD RT !!!
AA/JL TPAC BIZ.

PDX-LAX/SEA/SFO/YVR-TYO

XLX54IN0

PERMITTED 01JUN THROUGH 31AUG 2020
OR 24NOV THROUGH 06DEC 2019
OR 22DEC THROUGH 03JAN
ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 50 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.

3 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE

FROM AREA 1 -
A SURCHARGE OF USD 600.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL BE
ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR PEAK TRAVEL FROM
10JUL 20 THROUGH 24JUL 20 FOR TRANSPACIFIC SECTORS.

AND - TO AREA 1 -
A SURCHARGE OF USD 600.00 PER FARE COMPONENT WILL BE
ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR PEAK TRAVEL FROM
08AUG 20 THROUGH 14AUG 20 FOR TRANSPACIFIC SECTORS.
invalyd likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I got this down to $1200 using IAP. Does anyone know if I can still credit the JL metal segments to Alaska, despite the ticket appearing to be issued by AA now?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA PPro
Do you have link that we can follow and work from there?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Do you have link that we can follow and work from there?
https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...3*2.USD.137633
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
14 day min stay sorta sucks.
Can get JL flight numbers for better EQD on AA.
Anyone know how to force X fare instead of I fare online? It earns 25% vs 14%.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Whoa. Could this be a mistake fare? If I look up the same itinerary in business vs. economy, the business fare is now only $120 more than economy. (Looking at JAL, anyway.) If it's a mistake, do we think they'll honor it? The flight I originally booked at $2400 is now $1400. Minus my cancellation fee of $500, I'm still better off cancelling and rebooking the exact same itinerary... but I hope this isn't too good to be true.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Fairmont Premier, SPG Gold
Thanks OP! Booked in Expedia for $1378 X3. PDX-SEA-NRT-SEA-PDX 6/30 to 7/14 on JAL 787-8 for international segment. But checked again showing price increase from $1378 to $4478 per person for the same flight. Per
=&superlativeMessages[1]=&udpDisplayMode=showhotelbanneronly]https://www.expedia.com/Flight-Information?continuationId=1a9983dd-8b68-441e-86e5-2d71666f74c7&rfrr=&superlativeMessages[0]=&superlativeMessages[1]=&udpDisplayMode=showhotelbanneronly
cross my fingers that they don't cancel my flight.
invalyd likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:36 am

My bass is San Francisco, will there be a penalty if I don’t take the SF~Portland sega on the return leg?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.