FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   XP Run: BCN/BIO/MAD to Oslo (TRF) 90 XPs from €505! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1974522-xp-run-bcn-bio-mad-oslo-trf-90-xps-505-a.html)

jfkeze Jun 18, 2019 5:36 am

XP Run: BCN/BIO/MAD to Oslo (TRF) 90 XPs from €505!

Over the cost of a weekend and from €505 you can accumulate up-to 90 XPs which works great for those chasing status with Air France/KLMs Flying Blue program as you accumulate almost enough XPs for Silver status over just one weekend and spending time exploring cities across Europe. Source: My site PremiumCabinDeals

How to book this fare?
A) Search ITA Matrix
B) Input dates via Multi-City into your favorite online travel agent
C) If that doesn't work, copy and paste the ITA Matrix data into BookWithMatrix.
D) Prep yourself for a day or night near Oslo!

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Barcelona
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VGfXU6q-Y...af-bcn-trf.JPG

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Bilbao
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LYC0pAEbq...af-bio-trf.JPG

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Madrid
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JuzSzbW_l...af-mad-trf.JPG

NickB Jun 18, 2019 10:17 am

You keep posting variations of the same XP run under separate threads. Yes, you can get intra-European AF XP runs to various KL-only destinations in Northern Europe for circa €500, give or take €100. You could also BGO, KRS, VXO, etc.. as start or end point and most destinations served by AF in Europe at the other end.

It would be helpful to keep them under the same thread instead of spawning duplicates of virtually the same offer.

criced Jun 18, 2019 10:19 am

I like this posts! Thanks!

jfkeze Jun 18, 2019 11:27 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 31215071)
You keep posting variations of the same XP run under separate threads. Yes, you can get intra-European AF XP runs to various KL-only destinations in Northern Europe for circa €500, give or take €100. You could also BGO, KRS, VXO, etc.. as start or end point and most destinations served by AF in Europe at the other end.

It would be helpful to keep them under the same thread instead of spawning duplicates of virtually the same offer.

Thanks for the tips on the other cities... Only had seen BGO and BLL but not the other ones... There are many posts on FT that are similar, last time I published a XP Run was over a week ago and in during that period have shared plenty of other deals. :)

coolblue21 Jun 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by criced (Post 31215079)
I like this posts! Thanks!

Your posts are helpful and useful. Thanks for sharing them ^

arjen05 Jun 18, 2019 2:19 pm

I think they're useful too, but they're similar in a way that they're all leaving on Saturday, returning on Sunday. Have you found any similar fares for a 1 night stay on weekdays?

jfkeze Jun 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 31215990)
I think they're useful too, but they're similar in a way that they're all leaving on Saturday, returning on Sunday. Have you found any similar fares for a 1 night stay on weekdays?

Plenty of longer stays and the fare works to several Norwegian destinations so ideal to mix MIleage Run and a vacation.

I picked one night and travel Saturday to Sunday for those interested in the Miles without Time Off work!

arjen05 Jun 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 31216013)
Plenty of longer stays and the fare works to several Norwegian destinations so ideal to mix MIleage Run and a vacation.

I picked one night and travel Saturday to Sunday for those interested in the Miles without Time Off work!

Okay, so you haven't found any 1-night stay fares for weekdays?

jfkeze Jun 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 31216045)

Weekdays seems to be much higher... :(
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5bfbe25a16.jpg

NickB Jun 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by arjen05 (Post 31216045)

You won't find one. The fare rules specify that either a saturday night stay or a 3 days minimum stay is required:

Originally Posted by Fare rules
Minimum stay requirementsTRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR OR - TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

asian_crossfitter Jun 21, 2019 5:48 am

Hey, do you have some suggested similar XP runs from Amsterdam?

jfkeze Jun 21, 2019 6:05 am

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter (Post 31225198)

Dusseldorf is the best option if based in AMS, 2 hour train ride and you can easily add long layovers so you aren't that long away from home...

Sieto Jun 21, 2019 9:37 am

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter (Post 31225198)

These runs rack up some decent XP because they're not from Amsterdam. They have to go via a HUB, pref. 2 (AMS & CDG).

AMS-OSL would only give you 2*15XP, where as BIO-CDG-AMS-OSL gives you 3*2*15XP=90XP.

jfkeze Jun 21, 2019 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Sieto (Post 31225824)
These runs rack up some decent XP because they're not from Amsterdam. They have to go via a HUB, pref. 2 (AMS & CDG).

AMS-OSL would only give you 2*15XP, where as BIO-CDG-AMS-OSL gives you 3*2*15XP=90XP.

Exactly that's the game with these XP Runs...add segments at 15 XPs a pop :D

criced Jul 1, 2019 2:04 am

Booked a smiliar fare LPI-AMS-CDG-KBP-CDG-AMS-LPI for 6002 SEK in Business class. Great value! 6*15XP.

asian_crossfitter Jul 7, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks for this tip. I am trying to see if DUS-CDG-AMS-ARN-CDG-AMS-DUS will work. Any suggestions on this?

jfkeze Jul 7, 2019 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter (Post 31278743)
Thanks for this tip. I am trying to see if DUS-CDG-AMS-ARN-CDG-AMS-DUS will work. Any suggestions on this?

Try cities that are operated by KLM and not AF, that seems to be the trick.. In Sweden those are Linkoping City Airport (LPI) and Vaxjo Smaland (VXO) , both allow you to have 90 XPs and 6 segments in a weekend from DUS...

criced Jul 8, 2019 5:59 am

I use Google Flights map-search by writing "Europe" in the arrival. From DUS this is my suggestions (DUS-AMS-CDG-XXX-AMS-CDG-DUS) for around €500 depending on dates:

Oslo TRF
Linkoping
Vaxjo
Billund
Bergen
Stavanger
Trondheim
Alesund
Kristiansand
Alborg
Inverness
Bristol
Graz
Gdansk

Etc etc

If you cant book on AF:s website, just call Air France insted. They helped me quick.

Concerto Jul 9, 2019 7:30 am

Shouldn't it be DUS-CDG-AMS-XXX on the outbound? I seem to recall searching by going through AMS first then CDG and found it didn't work. Maybe it depends on the destination.

jfkeze Jul 9, 2019 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31284941)
Shouldn't it be DUS-CDG-AMS-XXX on the outbound? I seem to recall searching by going through AMS first then CDG and found it didn't work. Maybe it depends on the destination.

XYZ-CDG-AMS-XXX (Last segment needs to be KLM metal to a city not flown by Air France.. :D

asian_crossfitter Jul 11, 2019 1:20 pm

This is so useful thank you so much!

thomas_peterson Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm

FYI

Don’t want to be a party killer but TRF is about a 2hrs train ride from OSLO city... so calling that Oslo is quite a scam from my perspective.

criced Jul 12, 2019 12:44 am

Originally Posted by thomas_peterson (Post 31295146)
Don’t want to be a party killer but TRF is about a 2hrs train ride from OSLO city... so calling that Oslo is quite a scam from my perspective.

But if you do a XP-run you can just stay one night in Sandefjord. Its a really beautiful part of Norway and Sandefjord got some nice hotels for example a Clarion Collection. No need to go in to Oslo.

jfkeze Jul 12, 2019 2:03 am

Just a heads-up... The fare is still available for weekend travel in August....

siw Jul 12, 2019 5:54 am

Originally Posted by criced (Post 31280911)
I use Google Flights map-search by writing "Europe" in the arrival. From DUS this is my suggestions (DUS-AMS-CDG-XXX-AMS-CDG-DUS) for around €500 depending on dates:

Oslo TRF
Linkoping
Vaxjo
Billund
Bergen
Stavanger
Trondheim
Alesund
Kristiansand
Alborg
Inverness
Bristol
Graz
Gdansk

Etc etc

If you cant book on AF:s website, just call Air France insted. They helped me quick.

Is it possible to enforce Google Flights to search for only two stop (???-AMS-CDG-??? rtn and ???-CDG-AMS-??? rtn)? Google Flights searched with 'To Europe' only gives one stops. Thanks

jfkeze Jul 12, 2019 6:02 am

Originally Posted by siw (Post 31295844)
Is it possible to enforce Google Flights to search for only two stop (???-AMS-CDG-??? rtn and ???-CDG-AMS-??? rtn)? Google Flights searched with 'To Europe' only gives one stops. Thanks

Matrix is your friend here...
You start with all the cities in Country X and then go to town with the destinations using AF AF AF as the code...

Germany TXL , FRA , DUS , HAM , HAJ , BRE , MUC , STR, NUE
Norway AES, BGO, OSL, SVR, KRE, TRF, TRD
Spain BIO, BCN, MAD, AGP, VGO, IBZ
Itay CAG, FLR, VCE, VRN, TRN, PSA, NAP, MXP, LIN, GOA, FCO

asian_crossfitter Jul 12, 2019 11:34 am

Hey guys, I tried experimenting based on your suggestion. I have a one way flight to Berlin on the 8th August so I was hoping to buy a return flight via DUS and then return in November with the same route. I came up with this. Any suggestions on how to improve it to maximise the miles? It would be great if I can come from Berlin but it does not go under 500 EUR.

asian_crossfitter Jul 12, 2019 11:40 am

Hey guys, I tried experimenting based on your suggestion. I have a one way flight to Berlin on the 8th August so I was hoping to buy a return flight via DUS and then return in November with the same route. I came up with this. Any suggestions on how to improve it to maximise the miles? It would be great if I can come from Berlin but it does not go under 500 EUR.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d101f8b08b.png

criced Jul 13, 2019 7:09 am

Originally Posted by siw (Post 31295844)

If you are based in a city like LPI wich KLM only (!) fly from yes��

Dougy Giro Jul 14, 2019 2:11 am

I’m really struggling to work out how to get any prices for a 3 hop trip to Anywhere in Europe from Newcastle. £380 for a Business return to Düsseldorf is the cheapest return via AMS, bro if I add in CDG, or go via CDG initially then add in AMS the flight is £5,400

Concerto Jul 14, 2019 7:23 am

I'm not sure it works from the other end (although from your point of view, here will be the other end!). I thought these itineraries had to be begin in Germany, especially DUS and HAJ.

jfkeze Jul 14, 2019 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Dougy Giro (Post 31301416)
I’m really struggling to work out how to get any prices for a 3 hop trip to Anywhere in Europe from Newcastle. £380 for a Business return to Düsseldorf is the cheapest return via AMS, bro if I add in CDG, or go via CDG initially then add in AMS the flight is £5,400

In the UK I haven't seen NCL on sale that often... BHX and MAN have been the cheapest, but keep trying on ITA Matrix to find the elusive 6 segments... :D

jfkeze Jul 14, 2019 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31301918)
I'm not sure it works from the other end (although from your point of view, here will be the other end!). I thought these itineraries had to be begin in Germany, especially DUS and HAJ.

I've seen these sale ex-Spain (this thread), ex Italy, ex Romania... As long as you can get the last flight to a city that only is operated by KL and have AF codes you are golden for the 90 XPs... Lots of opportunities for single Saturday travel even during the summer so no time off...

Concerto Jul 14, 2019 7:32 am

Did you say Bristol BRS is a possibility with this offer, maybe from DUS or HAJ? Any possibilities from Swiss airports?

jfkeze Jul 14, 2019 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31301938)
Did you say Bristol BRS is a possibility with this offer, maybe from DUS or HAJ? Any possibilities from Swiss airports?

Here are two samples to Bristol...

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c41e227ffe.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...87d13445c5.jpg

Concerto Jul 14, 2019 8:36 am

Interesting examples. I see that an overnight is required in both cases in Amsterdam.

jfkeze Jul 14, 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31302097)
Interesting examples. I see that an overnight is required in both cases in Amsterdam.

For some reason, I only see on ITA Matrix the early flight to/from BRS... There are several flights a day but it's pricing out with the morning flights... You can stay several days in BRS, but it seems to requiere overnight in AMS the night before... On the other hand if you are AMS based it means you can sleep in your bed , position via train to DUS and then spend another night at home before flying to BRS...

Concerto Jul 29, 2019 8:29 am

I've been trying to price up the Bristol routing for some time in September, but I repeatedly get EUR914 or thereabouts. Shame, I would have been up for doing it, because I need to go to the Bristol area.

jfkeze Jul 29, 2019 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31354418)
I've been trying to price up the Bristol routing for some time in September, but I repeatedly get EUR914 or thereabouts. Shame, I would have been up for doing it, because I need to go to the Bristol area.

Try this first... I put in several days as the time in BRS...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...18c884eee7.jpg
Then select the flights... Here you can spend the night in AMS...
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ef9336d03a.jpg

Concerto Jul 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Yes, that's not bad. Ideally I would like to make it there in one go, or back in one go, using one day only in one of the two directions. Two stops in AMS seem a bit excessive, one is ok though. I will need about 3 days in the Bristol area, so I will fiddle about a bit more.