Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie: NYC to PARIS BUSINESS Class for under $1K include Christmas/ New Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Compagnie: NYC to PARIS BUSINESS Class for under $1K include Christmas/ New Year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

La Compagnie
Christmas and New Year included (Selected dates)
Newark to Paris Orly Business class in the their new Airbus A320neo for under $1,000
af fp, Gig103 and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by zoonil
La Compagnie
Christmas and New Year included (Selected dates)
Newark to Paris Orly Business class in the their new Airbus A320neo for under $1,000
Ex-Paris it's €999 same travel period...
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

La Compagnie's business class is not quite a flat bed seat, pretty close but not totally there. Might be good enough at this farewhich is EWR-Orly.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Actually, they have now taken delivery of brand new Airbus A320neos which offer a complete "lie-flat" product. So no more old B757-200s.

Also, this fare is offered during the traditional black-out dates of Christmas and New Year!
Quinlanty and mellon like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:22 pm

Actualy it is an A321Neo and they still fly as well with the 757
And what I could see for that price, either the inbound or the outbound flight is with the 757.
af fp likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by styleflyer
And what I could see for that price, either the inbound or the outbound flight is with the 757.
I think I read in a few months, they will be flying ONLY the 321s ??
Not sure when the switch happens? probably when they get the second A321
styleflyer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by styleflyer
I am seeing the NEO availability both ways, especially later in the year

https://flights.app.goo.gl/ZkYKv
styleflyer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:43 pm

Same flight as Dreamjet 101

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DJT101

i can’t find the rhyme or reason for the 321 or the 757 to fly the route on any given day. Today was 757 and yesterday (Wednesday) was A321. Last Wed was 757.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:13 pm

With just two 757 and two 321s there could be frequent substitutions but at least less delays and cancellations than now. Still a risky bet but for about a third if not a fourth of other direct flights... it is a very good offer.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Speaking of risk, how are their finances? With all the LCCs dying left and right, are there guarantees they will be in business when you fly?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by nk15
Speaking of risk, how are their finances? With all the LCCs dying left and right, are there guarantees they will be in business when you fly?
I don't think by any reasonable definition that anyone could claim all the LCCs are dying left and right, no. If a possible purchaser is concerned about La Compagnie shutting down, the cost of this fare would still be well below norms if you also purchased travel insurance from a third party or used a credit card which covered possible default.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I took the time to look up their recent performance numbers (the available free FlightAware history) and I don't see any cancellation for the last 90 days.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DJT101/history/160

Maybe they are getting healthier financially?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Wow, I just sent this to my family in Philadelphia! The cheapest economy tickets they would be able to get for the same dates are $674 with a stop in Heathrow or Frankfurt, or a $1007 economy nonstop to CDG.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Unless this is guaranteed to be the new lie-flat product for which there isn’t really a review yet ... I’d be hesitant to call this anything better than prem eco. Not a bad price, but service will not be business class. If the seat is improved, it is worth considering IMO
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
While this is a good deal, La Compagnie has seen these sort of fares for a while. You are seeing more press on this route because of two things. 1. They added the new A321 with better seats to the fleet. 2. They seemed to have earned "respect" from the blogging community by offering affiliate marketing links to pimp these fares recently. Again nothing wrong about this and ironically this fare is better than most of the fares we typically see in this forum and actually go to places where many want to fly. There is some negative feedback on this airline as they suffer from some irregular operations at times where flights get canceled with no notice and with a small fleet they don't recover well on these, you just don't' get to go. I hope this airline continues to survive and grow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.