Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: LAX/YUL-CPT biz (I) fare 2600 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

QR: YUL-CPT biz (I) fare 2600 USD roundtrip, not a bad deal for QR product and one world miles, 777/350, pretty solid. Not all days showing on GF will be available, and some slightly reprice, but you can get it for 2600 USD.
E55 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:09 pm

Also seems possible out of LAX if you're into that thing:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...6*2.CAD.396766
Old May 20, 2019, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Also seems possible out of LAX if you're into that thing:
https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...6*2.CAD.396766
There's an overnight layover in both directions. Is QR one of the airlines that will pay for the hotel? It looks like it, based on this link, but does anyone have personal experience?

:https://www.qatarairways.com/en/hia-...mmodation.html
Old May 20, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There's an overnight layover in both directions. Is QR one of the airlines that will pay for the hotel? It looks like it, based on this link, but does anyone have personal experience?

:https://www.qatarairways.com/en/hia-...mmodation.html
Yes, but this is the big if:
There is no connection of less than eight hours available
If there is another connection, even if you don't choose it, then they won't give a hotel. I've done LAX-DOH-CPT and the 9 hours in the lounge goes by pretty fast.

EDIT: Is there not a 2am flight to CPT anymore? To answer my own question, yes, there is a 1:45am flight which means you have a 7.5 hour connection. No hotel is available.
RichardInSF and E55 like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skunker
Yes, but this is the big if:

If there is another connection, even if you don't choose it, then they won't give a hotel. I've done LAX-DOH-CPT and the 9 hours in the lounge goes by pretty fast.

EDIT: Is there not a 2am flight to CPT anymore? To answer my own question, yes, there is a 1:45am flight which means you have a 7.5 hour connection. No hotel is available.
Gotcha, I assumed that since the cheap flight pair had a longer layover on the dates the second poster picked, it would include hotel. You make it clear that since a (more expensive) shorter connection is available, that isn't the case. Thanks. The airport hotel does seem pricey for a 24 hour stay; they don't have the 5-8 hour stay prices listed online.

Still if this fare survives for another 2 months so I can book June 2020, I am strongly tempted. $2900 for some days in 2020 is very competitive with the much best shorter SFO-LHR J fare.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know how many AA EQDs this will net? Can’t tell the fare class.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by nk15; May 24, 2019 at 9:24 am
Old May 21, 2019, 4:24 am

Yes, it would appear that they don't provide hotels given alternative (albeit more expensive) shorter connections are available. There are still a few options for those keen to make use of the deal. First, there are sleeping rooms at the QR Lounge in DOH. While they aren't as appealing as other lounges I've been to, that may provide adequate sleep. Another option (if the fare rules permit) would be breaking up the trip to have stopovers in DOH. Per the QR website, they have a Qatar stopover programme where you can stay at either a 4 or 5 star hotel starting at $23 USD per night.

Hope that provides some guidance.

Safe Travels,

James
Old May 21, 2019, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone know how many AA EQDs this will net? Can’t tell the fare class.

If you click through expedia it shows the fare class (QR should too), it is "R" for the LAX link above but it could be "I" as well.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j2simpso
First, there are sleeping rooms at the QR Lounge in DOH. While they aren't as appealing as other lounges I've been to, that may provide adequate sleep.
The Al Mourjan has a much better quiet area with sleeping booths with a comfy leather couch. I have overnighted there, food 24/7, showers next to you, very comfortable experience.

Last edited by nk15; May 24, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old May 21, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
If you click through expedia it shows the fare class (QR should too), it is "R" for the LAX link above but it could be "I" as well.
I and R both credit the same to AA: (base flyer miles before any status bonus)
LAX-DOH-CPT 25842 EQMs 38763 RDMs 5168 EQDs
YUL-DOH-CPT 22186 EQMs 33279 RDMs 4437 EQDs
Old May 21, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Any routing have the new QSuites available?
Old May 21, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Any routing have the new QSuites available?
YUL-DOH is QSuites. I believe DOH-CPT is the A359 with the 1-2-1 all forward facing seats.

I have no personal experience with LAX-DOH but the seat maps I looked at show QSuites.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:33 am

As an Emerald you have access to the QR first class lounge in DOH, which has sleeping booths, very comfortable for overnight, no need for hotel. Just go straight to get one.
Are Emeralds allowed access to the F lounge when not flying F? I was under the impression that QR does not allow that; very happy if I am wrong.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The first class lounge (Al Safwa lounge) has way better sleeping booths with a comfy couch. I have overnighted there, food 24/7, showers next to you, very comfortable experience.
Originally Posted by puchong
Are Emeralds allowed access to the F lounge when not flying F? I was under the impression that QR does not allow that; very happy if I am wrong.
OWE alone does not grant access to Al Safwa, which is reserved for pax traveling in QR F. OWEs do get access to the "First Class Lounge", which is far inferior to Al Safwa or even Al Mourjan (reserved for pax traveling in QR J), and IIRC does not offer sleeping facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.