Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AI : ARN -> SIN - 1400 EUR in J roundtrip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI : ARN -> SIN - 1400 EUR in J roundtrip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Richey66
As of today, fare seems gone, was available for 1,5 months if I remember correctly. I expect it to return in few months unless QR makes another U-turn in pricing policy. just FYI right now Air China is available for 1333 EUR using OTAs.
Okay. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yeah, huge impact on the AI flights to/from CPH. Consistently, delayed several hours when arriving and departing CPH. AI157 and AI158 tonight are particularly bad. Arrival CPH at 03:15 tomorrow (scheduled arrival 17:50 tonight) and departure from CPH postponed until 9AM tomorrow (scheduled depart. 19:50 tonight). I haven't checked the ARN flights but assume it would be the same.

I suppose many pax from Scandinavia will be transferring to BKK flight at DEL? (AI has very competitive Y fares to BKK from Denmark).
I just did a trip with my family to India in AI J last week in the midst of the Afpak closure. Departures from DEL need 90 mins more to get to/from Europe. When we arrived from VIE in DEL (5h late) we were already rebooked to the next flight with boarding passes ready at the transfer desk and the luggage was retagged. People going to SYD and S.E. Asia were rebooked to SQ/TG and other airlines plus given in terminal (airside) hotel vouchers if the layover was >5h. A swedish couple coming in from ARN continuing to KTM on a separate 9W ticket was accomodated by AI on their flight. They had about 6 agents collecting pax for certain flights and guided them to the gate and thru transit security.

On the way back we landed almost two hours late in FRA from DEL and LH staff greeted the AI flight again with rebooked boarding passes and/or hotel vouchers.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Oliver, thank you for reporting about your experiences at DEL. I gather from your comments that in your opinion AI handle this situation well, including accommodating delayed pax on other carriers to reduce the delay. It gives me some comfort in actually making a (cheap) AI booking to BKK later this month. Even if the Pakistani airspace closure may continue for while it will not be the end of the world if rebooking to other carriers are readily made by AI - besides the layover at DEL on the outbound CPH-BKK is around 6 hours there is plenty of room for a significant delay before the onward flight to BKK becomes impossible. For the return flight from BKK the layover is only 2 hours, but I would expect flights to/from BKK to more or less on time. Rebooking to TG will of course be acceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.