Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: LAX-DEL rt Business $2364

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: LAX-DEL rt Business $2364

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by boss315
Great deal bit looks like 7 day stay..... not sure I could survive that long in India!
NO PROBLEM. Tell us what you like and we can point the way.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Great deal bit looks like 7 day stay..... not sure I could survive that long in India!
Meanwhile I'm thinking about making it 14 nights plus a positioning flight to LAX.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by frebay
I just checked a few days in march and it's still the 777-200 which is 2-2-2. What days are you seeing qsuites?

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Qatar_...htno=740&date=
Right now my wife and I are on QR739 midway between DOH and LAX and almost over the North Pole sitting in Qsuites and using their Wi-Fi. The first hour of Wi-Fi is complementary and $10 for the entire trip. The Wi-Fi was not available for the first -3 hours. Ping around 700ms which is expected for a satellite connection, download speed around 10 mbps, upload around 1 mbps. I now prefer this to the CX LAX-HKG-MAA routing as a result of the Qsuites.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by frebay
No it's the 777-200 on the LAX-DOH route so it's 2-2-2
5/9 77L currently have Qsuites.

I wouldn't rely on Seatguru, it is incredibly inaccurate.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ess-class.html
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Qsuites is EVERYTHING! Flew HND-DOH-BKK in it. Wonderful experience!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:41 am

Find a connection flight to get outta there immediately after landing. Fly to somewhere else!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended

i was just looking at this route on google flights and noticed that China Southern is matching the price. LAX-CAN-DEL the dates i saw were in march.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:12 am

FYI - Qatar is running a promotion. Many routes have $2-2.5K business class fares ex USA (e.g., NYC-BKK return in Biz is $2,600)
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/o...ium-offer.html

Terms and Conditions
  • Sales Period – February 11 to February 18, 2019
  • Travel Period – March 1 to December 11, 2019
  • Offer is valid for flights booked on qatarairways.com only for Qatar Airways operated flights from selected origins to selected destinations as shown above.
  • Minimum stay: 5 days (R)(I). Maximum stay: 1 month (R)(I).
  • Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class for Premium.
  • Fares displayed in the booking engine include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges, all available fare options and applicable rules will be displayed at the time of booking.
  • Fares are correct at the time of publication; however, the levels may vary based on fluctuations in the tax amount. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights.
  • Discount applies to instant purchases and on roundtrip tickets only.
  • Advanced reservation of 21 days before departure (R), 14 days (I).
  • Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: "R" for Economy.
  • Changes at any time for a fee of $220 per person, per transaction. Cancellations at any time for a fee of $330. No child discount applies (charge is the same change fee for adult and child). No change fee applies to infants not occupying a seat.
    Click on 'Fare Conditions' from the online quote to view these and other applicable fare conditions. Fares are applicable to round-trip fares purchased at time of booking on qatarairways.com/us.
  • Blackout dates apply: Outbound: May 30 - June 7, 2019 & August 8 - August 13, 2019. Inbound: June 7 - June 15, 2019 & August 15 - September 1, 2019 and weekend surcharge may apply. Please refer to the fare rules for details at the time of booking.
  • Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
  • Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking for changes, cancellations and No-show conditions.
  • Any change or cancellation less than 3 hours prior to the stated time of departure will be considered as no-show.
  • For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply to the entire itinerary.
  • Standard child/infant discount apply.
  • Please note that on selected dates and destinations, lower market–specific promotion fares may be available. All available options, together with the applicable terms & conditions for each fare will be displayed at time of booking for you to make your selection. A different set of terms and conditions applies for travel originating from different countries. Discount applies to the base fare only. Not combinable with any other offer. Fares displayed in the booking engine include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges, all available fare options and applicable rules will be displayed at the time of booking.
  • Valid only on Qatar Airways flights originating from Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), New York City (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Philadelphia (PHL), and Washington D.C. (IAD) to select QR network destinations stated above only.
  • Exclusions With the following exceptions, flights to and from Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. Discount is applied to fare only, not taxes and carrier-imposed fees. Lowest fares/offer available will be displayed in the booking engine. Seats are limited and are subject to availability.
allset2travel likes this.

Last edited by str1der2903; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:14 am Reason: additional info
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by raporot
Why do you write about 1.4b people who live on less than $ 50 a month, a person who can pay for a 2k + flight?
and why should he live there "somehow", maybe he wants to live GOOD and not "somehow"?
At the risk of derailing this thread - there are some absolutely astonishingly luxury hotels (ie some that would qualify on a top-in-the-world ranking) - you can live GREAT if you have the money and interest.

-Mark
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:21 pm

For one datapoint, I called AMEX IAP and the fare dropped from $2363.33 to $2209.33. This would also be 5x AMEX points + AA earnings. My rough calculation puts that at about 11k AMEX points (worth about $160 assuming 1.5cpm) and and AA earning of 43427 miles (EP bonus) worth about $500. Not a bad deal. Trying to justify another trip here
mczlaw, TEDisgone and Saxonjsb like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:11 pm

If you don't want to fly to India, you can also fly to KUL for $300 more.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mohrpj
For one datapoint, I called AMEX IAP and the fare dropped from $2363.33 to $2209.33. This would also be 5x AMEX points + AA earnings. My rough calculation puts that at about 11k AMEX points (worth about $160 assuming 1.5cpm) and and AA earning of 43427 miles (EP bonus) worth about $500. Not a bad deal. Trying to justify another trip here
Hate to stray off topic, but the IAP discount is available even if paying cash? Looking at some bloggy stuff, one says that the "insider fare" is only available if using all AMEX reward points to book. When I check this fare online at AMEX Travel, I didn't see any discount. Must one call? If this is detailed elsewhere on FT, I'd happily follow a link...no time to check for myself until later tonight. Thx all. Want to head to India this winter.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:44 pm

You have to call as far as I know. I believe you can use any combination of cash+points including 100% cash. Also its only for Amex platinum or centurion
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mohrpj
You have to call as far as I know. I believe you can use any combination of cash+points including 100% cash. Also its only for Amex platinum or centurion
Thx. Got the card. Haven't used the benefit.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:06 pm

No Qsuites LAX??

Originally Posted by jah718
5/9 77L currently have Qsuites.

I wouldn't rely on Seatguru, it is incredibly inaccurate.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ess-class.html

So I totally agree with you, my understand was that LAX-DOH was entirely Qsuites now. But both EF and the website show that flights in November are still the 2-2-2 config. That's very confusing to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.