Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: Sub £1300 ARN-SIN Business Class, 560TP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: Sub £1300 ARN-SIN Business Class, 560TP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jbfield
Does MECENAT require ID to prove you are a student though?
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
No.
Just a bit confused by this - was MECENAT meant to be used by students? In business? Does anyone have a clue for the source / reason / targeting of the promotion code ?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Mecenat is a Scandinavian/Nordic student discount thing (https://mecenat.com/fi is their English website).
Our tickets are issued, nobody asked for student ID. (Funny thing is, my girl-friend studies in Sweden and actually has Mecenat ID for public transportation in Stockholm.)
plunet, IAANN and Fli1 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Gobber
just bought 2 return tickets in R sub EUR 1.450k with outbound on Friday, I wonder what pricing we see from Jan 17th? #LikeNeverBefore stuff
From my sample of one: looks like the price now is £1500 / €1700

I'm really looking for a family Vietnam trip (which is 12 hours in Y on a 787-9) for £600.... and I don't think Mrs S will agree to paying £900 extra per person. If we could have got this for £1200 ish, then I would "buy now"!

Does past experience indicate whether the R fare will return??

Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
From my sample of one: looks like the price now is £1500 / €1700
Really? The price went up after the sale period expired?

I'm really looking for a family Vietnam trip (which is 12 hours in Y on a 787-9) for £600.... and I don't think Mrs S will agree to paying £900 extra per person. If we could have got this for £1200 ish, then I would "buy now"!
You should tell QR that, I am sure they will understand.

Does past experience indicate whether the R fare will return??
For that you'd have to let me read your palms.

On a more serious note, a week ago or so, QR had a sale OSL-SIN RT where tickets could be had for ~14,000 NOK, which is only slightly more than 1,200 GBP.
But most likely, that sale is over as well.
You'll just have to keep watching the fares and pull the trigger when you believe prices won't get any better (which could mean flying coach).
Some people mentioned QR has had a Valentine's Day companion sale in the past, but I wouldn't count on that.
CX_newbie and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:12 am

Really? The price went up after the sale period expired?

On a more serious note, a week ago or so, QR had a sale OSL-SIN RT where tickets could be had for ~14,000 NOK, which is only slightly more than 1,200 GBP.
But most likely, that sale is over as well.
You'll just have to keep watching the fares and pull the trigger when you believe prices won't get any better (which could mean flying coach).
Some people mentioned QR has had a Valentine's Day companion sale in the past, but I wouldn't count on that.
Thanks (really). I totally see the apparent idiocy but for not so frequent flyers (particularly of airlines I don't use - been on QR once) it helps to know that sales do indeed return with QR (albeit perhaps at not rock bottom).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:50 am

You simply never know. There might be a new sale next week, or prices could go way up. I don't know of a better way than to monitor Flyertalk closely and pull the trigger when the price is OK for you.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:54 am

Maybe this is relevant for you?
LH: LON-HKG Premium Economy £560 RT
LH: LHR-BKK Premium Economy from £645
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:24 am

Thanks indeed. One of those I posted
I've already learned that there is no such thing as A to B on FT.
Am collecting more and more options for the family on Sunday- knowing full well that some may not be an option by the time we book.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:47 pm

Savvy travel indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.