FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Bom-Mel O/w First suite A380 -$2840 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1938833-bom-mel-o-w-first-suite-a380-2840-a.html)

Aditya Shah Nov 3, 2018 11:11 pm

Bom-Mel O/w First suite A380 -$2840

Hi this is my second attempt at posting this. Not sure if this is a catch or not but I found Singapore Airlines offering their First class suite on their A380 from Mumbai to Melbourne (stopover in Singapore) on the 24 Jan 2019 for $2840.
Please ignore if this isn't classified as a deal.

P-s - I am very new here.

Annalisa12 Nov 4, 2018 1:11 am

What currency? American Dollars, Aussie?

bugga divino Nov 4, 2018 2:13 am

Also available to SYD at about the same price throughout Jan/Feb. Don't think this is a promotional price.

Croupier Nov 4, 2018 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 (Post 30390692)

USD

Aditya Shah Nov 4, 2018 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12 (Post 30390692)

I wish it was Aussie dollars.. ;)

kirker Nov 4, 2018 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Aditya Shah (Post 30390434)
Hi this is my second attempt at posting this. Not sure if this is a catch or not but I found Singapore Airlines offering their First class suite on their A380 from Mumbai to Melbourne (stopover in Singapore) on the 24 Jan 2019 for $2840.
Please ignore if this isn't classified as a deal.

Honestly, that's not really a very good deal -- at least not in the context of this group. If it was $2840 for a return trip, that'd be one thing, but -- not to speak for the entire group, but to give you a broad idea -- generally we see deals (for roundtrip tickets, not one-way) in the $2,000-$2,500 range between Europe or the US & Canada and various parts of East and Southeast Asia, along with r/t tickets in business class under $2K between the US and either Europe or Asia. On some routes (e.g. a few between continental Europe and Bangkok) return ticket prices can be as low as $1,500. While Singapore is obviously an incredible airline, they're also a lot stingier when it comes to premium-cabin fare sales than, say, Qatar or most larger European carriers.

Also, just FYI, "O/W" on here is typically used as shorthand for the Oneworld alliance. :) (More often it's just cited as "OW".) Most airlines, including Singapore, are usually referred to by their airline code (their two-character IATA handle); Singapore's is SQ. Finally, international first and business class are usually referenced by the fare buckets they fall under, so "F" means first and "J" means business. F and J are usually the fare buckets for full-price tickets in those cabins, but they're used here as a catchall of sorts. (Also, economy is typically called "Y" and premium economy is just "PE".)

rill2503456 Nov 4, 2018 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by kirker (Post 30391803)
"O/W" on here is typically used as shorthand for the Oneworld alliance. :) (More often it's just cited as "OW".)

I would guess that OW means oneworld, but actually using o/w to refer to "one-way" is pretty common too. It's usually not ambiguous because posters typically also list the carriers. I would guess that the main reason we don't see "o/w" referring to one-way is simply because there aren't that many good one-way fares, at least as compared to the number of round-trip/open-jaws.

HMPS Nov 5, 2018 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Aditya Shah (Post 30391284)
I wish it was Aussie dollars.. ;)

Welcome fellow desi Aditya. Don't worry, this was a good first attempt. Come back with more.
We don't see many postings to & from India around here.

RabbitohRob Nov 6, 2018 1:17 am

thanks dad

Originally Posted by kirker (Post 30391803)
Honestly, that's not really a very good deal -- at least not in the context of this group. If it was $2840 for a return trip, that'd be one thing, but -- not to speak for the entire group, but to give you a broad idea -- generally we see deals (for roundtrip tickets, not one-way) in the $2,000-$2,500 range between Europe or the US & Canada and various parts of East and Southeast Asia, along with r/t tickets in business class under $2K between the US and either Europe or Asia. On some routes (e.g. a few between continental Europe and Bangkok) return ticket prices can be as low as $1,500. While Singapore is obviously an incredible airline, they're also a lot stingier when it comes to premium-cabin fare sales than, say, Qatar or most larger European carriers.

Also, just FYI, "O/W" on here is typically used as shorthand for the Oneworld alliance. :) (More often it's just cited as "OW".) Most airlines, including Singapore, are usually referred to by their airline code (their two-character IATA handle); Singapore's is SQ. Finally, international first and business class are usually referenced by the fare buckets they fall under, so "F" means first and "J" means business. F and J are usually the fare buckets for full-price tickets in those cabins, but they're used here as a catchall of sorts. (Also, economy is typically called "Y" and premium economy is just "PE".)

Aditya Shah Nov 6, 2018 4:53 pm

It's quite rare to find a good deal in F flying out or into Australia, hence thought this was a fair deal