Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Bom-Mel O/w First suite A380 -$2840

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP

Hi this is my second attempt at posting this. Not sure if this is a catch or not but I found Singapore Airlines offering their First class suite on their A380 from Mumbai to Melbourne (stopover in Singapore) on the 24 Jan 2019 for $2840.
Please ignore if this isn't classified as a deal.

P-s - I am very new here.
flyphilrun and rockafella like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
What currency? American Dollars, Aussie?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: QF, Singapore, Qatar, Emirates
Also available to SYD at about the same price throughout Jan/Feb. Don't think this is a promotional price.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
USD
Aditya Shah likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I wish it was Aussie dollars..
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by Aditya Shah
Hi this is my second attempt at posting this. Not sure if this is a catch or not but I found Singapore Airlines offering their First class suite on their A380 from Mumbai to Melbourne (stopover in Singapore) on the 24 Jan 2019 for $2840.
Please ignore if this isn't classified as a deal.
Honestly, that's not really a very good deal -- at least not in the context of this group. If it was $2840 for a return trip, that'd be one thing, but -- not to speak for the entire group, but to give you a broad idea -- generally we see deals (for roundtrip tickets, not one-way) in the $2,000-$2,500 range between Europe or the US & Canada and various parts of East and Southeast Asia, along with r/t tickets in business class under $2K between the US and either Europe or Asia. On some routes (e.g. a few between continental Europe and Bangkok) return ticket prices can be as low as $1,500. While Singapore is obviously an incredible airline, they're also a lot stingier when it comes to premium-cabin fare sales than, say, Qatar or most larger European carriers.

Also, just FYI, "O/W" on here is typically used as shorthand for the Oneworld alliance. (More often it's just cited as "OW".) Most airlines, including Singapore, are usually referred to by their airline code (their two-character IATA handle); Singapore's is SQ. Finally, international first and business class are usually referenced by the fare buckets they fall under, so "F" means first and "J" means business. F and J are usually the fare buckets for full-price tickets in those cabins, but they're used here as a catchall of sorts. (Also, economy is typically called "Y" and premium economy is just "PE".)
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Originally Posted by kirker
"O/W" on here is typically used as shorthand for the Oneworld alliance. (More often it's just cited as "OW".)
I would guess that OW means oneworld, but actually using o/w to refer to "one-way" is pretty common too. It's usually not ambiguous because posters typically also list the carriers. I would guess that the main reason we don't see "o/w" referring to one-way is simply because there aren't that many good one-way fares, at least as compared to the number of round-trip/open-jaws.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Aditya Shah
I wish it was Aussie dollars..
Welcome fellow desi Aditya. Don't worry, this was a good first attempt. Come back with more.
We don't see many postings to & from India around here.
ft543 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
thanks dad

Originally Posted by kirker
Honestly, that's not really a very good deal -- at least not in the context of this group. If it was $2840 for a return trip, that'd be one thing, but -- not to speak for the entire group, but to give you a broad idea -- generally we see deals (for roundtrip tickets, not one-way) in the $2,000-$2,500 range between Europe or the US & Canada and various parts of East and Southeast Asia, along with r/t tickets in business class under $2K between the US and either Europe or Asia. On some routes (e.g. a few between continental Europe and Bangkok) return ticket prices can be as low as $1,500. While Singapore is obviously an incredible airline, they're also a lot stingier when it comes to premium-cabin fare sales than, say, Qatar or most larger European carriers.

Also, just FYI, "O/W" on here is typically used as shorthand for the Oneworld alliance. (More often it's just cited as "OW".) Most airlines, including Singapore, are usually referred to by their airline code (their two-character IATA handle); Singapore's is SQ. Finally, international first and business class are usually referenced by the fare buckets they fall under, so "F" means first and "J" means business. F and J are usually the fare buckets for full-price tickets in those cabins, but they're used here as a catchall of sorts. (Also, economy is typically called "Y" and premium economy is just "PE".)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

It's quite rare to find a good deal in F flying out or into Australia, hence thought this was a fair deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.