Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MH- OW Emerald from 1 ticket: LHR-SYD RT $5186

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH- OW Emerald from 1 ticket: LHR-SYD RT $5186

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by tango3
NRT-KUL-LHR in business class (D fare) is 335k JPY (approx US$2900) and nets around 104k miles under this promo.
​​​​​
And this gets you OW Emerald in one go ?
those prices available in April '19 ?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
See the promo link mentioned in earlier post or go to the MH site- expires March 31st.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Trying to put this together from Amsterdam to Tokyo.
How can I see how many tier miles I will earn when booking?

AMS-DXB-KUL-NRT return
jjwjjw likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Daandeluxe
Trying to put this together from Amsterdam to Tokyo.
How can I see how many tier miles I will earn when booking?

AMS-DXB-KUL-NRT return
Wouldn't work for your specific flights. It needs to be MH marketed and operated. AMS-DXB-KUL is operated by Emirates.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Originally Posted by nov11
Wouldn't work for your specific flights. It needs to be MH marketed and operated. AMS-DXB-KUL is operated by Emirates.
oops you’re right, I only looked at the MH flight number 😬
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is really hard to make work, since MH's only long haul to Europe or North America is KUL-LHR.

I'll have to dig around and see what the DEL-TPE/PVG/PEK flights are pricing at...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
None of the blogs have mentioned that MH Platinum actually grants status for two- the qualifier and their spouse.
Dave510 and E55 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Enhancements
None of the blogs have mentioned that MH Platinum actually grants status for two- the qualifier and their spouse.
Yeah I forgot to mention that as well. Ops.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
Yeah I forgot to mention that as well. Ops.
OMG i need to get married fast! lol but need to find a gf first hahahahahhaaaaa
seacliffs and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
This is really hard to make work, since MH's only long haul to Europe or North America is KUL-LHR.

I'll have to dig around and see what the DEL-TPE/PVG/PEK flights are pricing at...
Nice idea!!!!!!
HYD-KUL-ICN is pricing at around USD700-800, netting around 16k miles (before x3), which means 2 of this trips plus a RT positioning to HYD can do the 100k emerald requirement!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by shek3112
Nice idea!!!!!!
HYD-KUL-ICN is pricing at around USD700-800, netting around 16k miles (before x3), which means 2 of this trips plus a RT positioning to HYD can do the 100k emerald requirement!
Looks like a redeye on the 737 though... no pain no gain I guess :P

4 KUL-ICN RT flights are probably less painful
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:30 pm

Nice idea!!!!!!
However is it possible to do a same plane turnaround at HYD? i think the only MH flight arrive at 11:15 and depart at 00:15(+1), leaving 1 hour of connection time.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I wouldn't expect this to last much longer after the blogs blast it out to everyone.
I find it extremely unlikely that the blogs, which are almost all in English and geared towards American and European audiences, are going to inspire throngs of people to re-position to East Asia and/or fly $5000+ itineraries for OW status. And if they do, honestly, good for them. This isn't some deal FT found. It's a public promo.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
I find it extremely unlikely that the blogs, which are almost all in English and geared towards American and European audiences, are going to inspire throngs of people to re-position to East Asia and/or fly $5000+ itineraries for OW status. And if they do, honestly, good for them. This isn't some deal FT found. It's a public promo.
It wouldn't be about the blogs killing the promo, it would be blog readers hoovering up all of the decent NRT-KUL-LHR fares...

Very unlikely though. At those prices it's still cheaper to do runs for BA Gold status, which people are far more familiar with. And you'd earn miles that are worth something from an airline that won't go bankrupt without warning...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Nice idea!!!!!!
Ended up taking advantage of this deal routing out of HYD because of these posts so wanted to say thank you! NRT was much closer to the 100K requirement than ICN and was only 870 USD, but I think NRT was cheaper than ICN in Y. Got to try out the Cat 2 PH before the deval to P&C. Was short 200 miles but just took a quick ITM-HND trip on JL in C for 120 USD.

Not only does your spouse get status, but status is valid for 24 months upon hitting status thresholds rather than remaining 2019 + 2020 + sometime early 2021 like US airlines.
E55 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.