Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SV(Saudia)- DXB-JNB - 574€RT J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)

Examples: https://www.google.fr/flights/#flt=B...323*.EUR.57323

Airlines: Saudia (SV)
Class: Business
Booking class: I
Fare: 575€
Min/Max stay: 3 days / 12 months

Bad seat between JED and JNB but the price is pretty good
Books in I so 150% for Flying Blue members
Justin Case likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Transfer with a passport with an evidence that I ve been to Israel?

I have a Canadian passport with an Egyptian stamp bordering with Israel that I got last winter. The timatic doesn't say anything about it when I entered the transfer time as 12 hours. I wonder if sv will let me check in.

Beware max transfer allowed at jed without visa is now 12 hours. I've done it for almost 20 hours a few years ago without visa (it was tough), the limit got shortened. I did an airside transfer, I think it was a sv staff going through my passport, then gave me meal vouchers. He's spent about a few minutes the whole process, I just don't remember if he was going through my passport looking for any evidence of travel to Israel. I didn't have such evidence at that time.

This itinerary includes almost 24 hours in jed outbound. Watch out!
https://goo.gl/flights/SL1p5

When I enter 23 hrs as a transfer time to the timatic, I get:.
  • Transit visa is required for passengers transiting for longer than 12 hours.
however, I don't see any restrictions on passports with an evidence of past travel to Israel.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc
I have a Canadian passport with an Egyptian stamp bordering with Israel that I got last winter. The timatic doesn't say anything about it when I entered the transfer time as 12 hours. I wonder if sv will let me check in.

Beware max transfer allowed at jed without visa is now 12 hours. I've done it for almost 20 hours a few years ago without visa (it was tough), the limit got shortened. I did an airside transfer, I think it was a sv staff going through my passport, then gave me meal vouchers. He's spent about a few minutes the whole process, I just don't remember if he was going through my passport looking for any evidence of travel to Israel. I didn't have such evidence at that time.

however, I don't see any restrictions on passports with an evidence of past travel to Israel.
But we are waiting for the new electronic tourist visa system in Saudi now
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by maverikbc

Just leave DXB one day later and you have only 3hours layover!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I must say, SV is going to be the saviour of me maintaining SkyTeam status with Flying Blue under its current existence. Only thing is, I never seem to be ready when these amazing deals come up!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
I think they are flying the A330 on this route with recliner seats. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SQPPS
I think they are flying the A330 on this route with recliner seats. Can anyone confirm this?
If A330 is operating, yes recliner type seats in 2-2-2 setting. Lots of legroom, but not the most comfortable cabin of course.
( same seats as on the A320's used to Europe HZ-ASA ...- ASF )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.