Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa / Qantas : BLQ - MEL $2,774 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:04 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- books into P (Star) and I (for Qantas)

https://www.kayak.com/flights/BLQ-ME...t=bestflight_a
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
I couldn't help myself. Had to look, so now I'll save you the bother.
Bologna
Northern Italy, 200Km south of Milan
BSBtraveller and IAN-UK like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
this has been around for a while , also works from MXP:

https://www.kayak.com/flights/MXP-ME...usiness?sort=x

Also from GOT on Etihad:

Etihad Business: GOT - SYD via Brussels US$2462=3100 Canadian AUH- SYD A380
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by in2it54
I couldn't help myself. Had to look, so now I'll save you the bother.
Bologna
Northern Italy, 200Km south of Milan
Seriously? Don’t they have Bolognese sauce down under? BLQ isn’t some flyover city no one has ever heard of.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I'm assuming the poster was referring to the fact that BLQ isn't as widely a known code as, say, MXP or FCO...
IAN-UK likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
I'm assuming the poster was referring to the fact that BLQ isn't as widely a known code as, say, MXP or FCO...
Not when he has to explain its a Northern Italian city 200km from Milan.
irishguy28 and AAtticus like this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Not when he has to explain its a Northern Italian city 200km from Milan.
Bologna (BLQ) is quite rightly known as Italy’s food capital - quite an accolade for a country famed for its food.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:24 am

Do we need a Flyertalk Premium Foods thread?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by Croupier
Do we need a Flyertalk Premium Foods thread?
Hey I think that's a great idea. It would be so much more interesting than reading new threads announcing the normal fare for a trip to Australia starting in Italy, when there have been at least two new threads on the same topic in as many months.

Italy to MEL/SYD on *A is £2300-$2500 dollars most of the time, the exact price depending on departure airports and dates. Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome and a few sourthern Italy airports that have OS, LX or LH connections to VIE, ZRH or FRA/MUC are all included. At the moment LH is a bit less than OS and LX but it is often the other way round. P on LX and OS often earn more miles unless you use Miles and More and the connections can be via HKG, SIN or BKK on any of CX, QF, SQ or TG.
ristasm likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:24 pm

Hi guys.

I have a question.
I travelled to Italy recently, from Melbourne. I bought the ticket on Lufthansa website because I am an Air New Zealand (Airpoints) member, and I wanted to travel Star Alliance to keep my miles with ANZ.
One of the flights was delayed and I missed my connections back to Melbourne, having to stay in Frankfurt for 24h. Lufthansa put me on different flights next day, including a Qantas flight between Singapore and Melbourne.
Can I generate miles to ANZ/Star Alliance considering that Lufthansa changed the flight to a partner that is not ANZ/Star Alliance partner? If not, what is the process to claim the miles to QFF? (also: would you suggest a better option to transfer these points, instead of Qantas?). I live in Melbourne but I find ANZ Airpoints much easier and beneficial (free upgrade and other benefits that make more sense to me), but I am having second thoughts given the difficulties in travelling ANZ or its partners to some destinations.
Thoughts?
Cheers
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tiagozt
Can I generate miles to ANZ/Star Alliance considering that Lufthansa changed the flight to a partner that is not ANZ/Star Alliance partner?
You will need to contact your FFP and explain the situation. They may require proof of your story so keep everything relating to the trip.

Originally Posted by tiagozt
If not, what is the process to claim the miles to QFF? (also: would you suggest a better option to transfer these points, instead of Qantas?)
You cannot claim NZ Airpoints for these Qantas flights. If you already have a QFF account, follow their procedure for retro-claiming points.

and please don't bump old "offer" threads; it gives the impression that an old fare has returned and is bookable again.
flyingfly likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by irishguy28

and please don't bump old "offer" threads; it gives the impression that an old fare has returned and is bookable again.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment in general, for this specific fare it cannot have returned because it never went away, it IS STILL bookable and has been for many months.
flyingfly likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:54 am

Thank you both for the reply. The offer is not that old and is still bookable as Airpox pointed.
I came to this thread because I am looking for a deal between Melbourne and Italy (Milan, Bologna, etc.), but unfortunately the good prices are only available for the other way around.

I agree that my question was a bit off-topic though. It just made sense to ask considering the Lufthansa/Qantas partnership.
TDOA_8 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.