Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1109 YOW-HNL- UA lie flat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1109 YOW-HNL- UA lie flat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: LH FTL
Can someone repruduce that fare from YYZ to HNL in March on lie-flat seats?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Can someone repruduce that fare from YYZ to HNL in March on lie-flat seats?
It is a little more challenging, but possible for close to that price on lie flats if you do so searching. The key is to look at both ways individually, rather than return.

For example on March 20th, you can get the 767 out of IAD - lie flats (after short recliner flight from YYZ) - it leaves at 6am from YYZ however.... cost $591

Assuming you are looking to stay a week, there is a return trip on the 27th via SFO/IAD on lie flat (777-200), followed by short recliner seat IAD-YYZ - cost $657

Total - $1248 USD

Lots of other combinations available - just play with individual days to see what combinations/fares are availabl one way.

CC
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: LH FTL
Thank you CC!
That's indeed a very useful tipp - was not aware those fares are available one-way as well.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone able to replicate a close to CAD $1100 price for YYZ-OGG for 27 April - 04 May please ?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by vernonc
Anyone able to replicate a close to CAD $1100 price for YYZ-OGG for 27 April - 04 May please ?
The pricing here by the OP was USD not CAD....

It is possible to get close to this amount if you purchase 1 way options on both legs - less availability for lie flats if you must travel on those dates.

Outbound for $669 USD and inbound for $665

CC
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
The pricing here by the OP was USD not CAD....

It is possible to get close to this amount if you purchase 1 way options on both legs - less availability for lie flats if you must travel on those dates.

Outbound for $669 USD and inbound for $665

CC
Thanks. How would I know which are lie flat. More concerned about the return redeye. Outbound in Y is fine as its a daytime flight
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
Thanks. How would I know which are lie flat. More concerned about the return redeye. Outbound in Y is fine as its a daytime flight
You can check the seats on United's site when searching for flights - 777/767/787 will have life flat. The 737/320/319, etc will not

Getting a lie flat out of OGG on the 4th for a reasonable price is not an option (that I could see with UA)

Were it me, I would pop over to HNL and take the 9 pm flight to SFO which is a 777 - at least you could get a few hours sleep before continuing on to YYZ (via ORD) in recliners :

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...YYZ1UA843;sc=b

CC
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
You can check the seats on United's site when searching for flights - 777/767/787 will have life flat. The 737/320/319, etc will not

Getting a lie flat out of OGG on the 4th for a reasonable price is not an option (that I could see with UA)

Were it me, I would pop over to HNL and take the 9 pm flight to SFO which is a 777 - at least you could get a few hours sleep before continuing on to YYZ (via ORD) in recliners :

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...YYZ1UA843;sc=b

CC
Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: UA AA DL BA Marriott Hilton SPG
Wink

Originally Posted by flybit
yes and very seldom does UA ask for proof.
United or AA finds your residence based on credit card billing address. You would need to change that too.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:09 am

Anyone able to book YYZ-SFO on AC metal and onwards on UA metal?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:50 am

It is certainly possible, but the fare changes dramatically. For the test dates I looked at the cheapest fare with AC metal on YYZ-SFO legs, the fare doubled to around $2200

This matches the SFO-HNL lowest business fare of around $1216 + YYZ-SFO business class deal (AC metal booked through UA).

Still much cheaper to stay on UA metal for the entire trip.

CC
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:55 am

Thanks Captain Canuck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.