FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   MH: SIN-KUL-SYD ($1456 USD return) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1880692-mh-sin-kul-syd-1456-usd-return.html)

flightfinderau Dec 3, 2017 7:03 am

MH: SIN-KUL-SYD ($1456 USD return)

Airlines: Malaysia Airlines
Destination: Sydney via Kuala Lumpur
Price: $1456 return (USD)
Availability: 1 January 2018 to 19 September 2018
Booking Class: Z
Mileage Accrual: 125%
Alliance: Oneworld

RabbitohRob Dec 3, 2017 7:37 am

Originally Posted by flightfinderau (Post 29128652)
Airlines: Malaysia Airlines
Destination: Sydney via Kuala Lumpur
Price: $1456 return (USD)
Availability: 1 January 2018 to 19 September 2018
Booking Class: Z
Mileage Accrual: 125%
Alliance: Oneworld

Did you see his on Google Flights or with MH site? Thanks, I am keen to get it......

tango3 Dec 3, 2017 7:56 am

Promo available on MH website.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...266b5d9ad7.jpg

mikeyfly Dec 3, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks for posting OP

108912 Dec 3, 2017 12:55 pm

Just to add, KUL-SYD/MEL is pricing at c£1030 return for SEP '18 direct from malaysiaairlines.com.. Cheaper than Air Asia flatbed!

Croupier Dec 3, 2017 1:22 pm

Great products, premium usually expensive departure airports, school holiday dates, the chance to try MH new A350 First class seat �� on a business class ticket.
Nearly Silver BA, 500 TP’s

Thanks OP, solid deal.

carrotjuice Dec 4, 2017 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Croupier (Post 29129793)
Great products, premium usually expensive departure airports, school holiday dates, the chance to try MH new A350 First class seat �� on a business class ticket.
Nearly Silver BA, 500 TP’s

Thanks OP, solid deal.

Agree this is a good deal. But how is it 500 TPs? Isn’t it just 360 TPs?

Croupier Dec 4, 2017 4:13 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29131768)
Agree this is a good deal. But how is it 500 TPs? Isn’t it just 360 TPs?

right you are, I was calculating F on the KUL-SYD, my bad :confused:

ashkale Dec 4, 2017 5:28 am

MH often has deals much lower than 1.5k usd to Oz from SIN. This fare sticks more than half a year, so this should be a regular fare. So there goes your TnCs of posting a deal.

Rowyourboat Dec 4, 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 29132062)
MH often has deals much lower than 1.5k usd to Oz from SIN. This fare sticks more than half a year, so this should be a regular fare. So there goes your TnCs of posting a deal.

Thanks for the information. I did not know about this fare and am glad that OP shared it.

I think FT would be much better off when posters share info like yours (this is a regular fare, can be discounted to XXX) instead of generic stuff like "how is this a deal?". In general, not everyone knows the prices of every route so I'd prefer that we err on the side of overreporting rather than underreporting.

Reds2011 Dec 4, 2017 10:14 am

Well aren't you smart for knowing that? Newsflash - not everyone does, and that's what this thread is for.

​​Instead of moaning about someone posting a useful fare, how about posting a good deal yourself? Then we can pick your post apart when it's a fare some other random person on the internet knows all about.

PhilE Dec 4, 2017 12:48 pm

This is a deal

As someone who watches these fares very regularly, this is a deal. The standard fare for most of the year is approx 2350 SGD so this represents about a 20% discount. Do MH discount lower? Absolutely last year, but this year, not so much. They’ve also changed the open jaw rules. We used to combine a SIN-KUL-LGK (Langkawi) with a SYD-KUL-SIN for bargain way to get home via the Qantas first lounge in Sydney (OWE status). Rules don’t allow that as part of this sale.

Note, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth all also discounted.

snabbu Dec 4, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks for posting ffau

dsf Dec 4, 2017 1:32 pm

I wasn't making any comment about the price; I'm not familiar with the ex-SIN market. Rather, I was trying to counter your claim that "the logic of market comparison shouldnt hold" since the rules of the forum make explicit allowance for this kind of fare. Like with when folk complain about premium economy deals in this forum, I'm not keen on people being upbraided for posting something that conforms to the rules in the sticky.

Pat89339 Dec 4, 2017 3:48 pm

Several violations of the Rules of Posting in the Premium Fare Deals Forum in this thread. See in particular, Rule 9.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...rum-rules.html

I'd also like to remind all members that when you see a post that violates the rules, just report it to the Moderators, don't respond to the post. When the post isn't reported right away, there is much editing and deleting and more editing that has to be done to clean up a thread. We appreciate your cooperation.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum