Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EgyptAir BOM-NYC ~$1100 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Not the best airline (angle flat business), but can get a round trip for around $1,100, and prices out with CheapOair and Orbitz - https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...BOM1MS968;sc=b
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
now that's a steal....i've flown this route before on egyptair....its not the best airline but i was happy with the flight....
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Agreed, by far the best price I've seen on the route, barring some freak KU pricing.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Good price that comes with pretty useful star alliance miles. Just a heads up to those who decide to go with this, bring your own entertainment and headphones. Also, I found the 77W seat very slippery, so wear something that will not leave you sliding to the bottom of the seat in bed mode.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:47 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by dfs24
Also, I found the 77W seat very slippery.
Don't think I've ever seen that in a review before!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TBD
happens to my kids everytime we fly af....with the lie angle seats they both slide down when they sleep....
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
happens to my kids everytime we fly af....with the lie angle seats they both slide down when they sleep....
Originally Posted by TBD
We *used* to have the same problem on LH biz seats - needed to use the "seat-trick" then!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Now it's been 10 years or so I flown on MS 77W, but the seats has been always almost horisontal. It's the same seat QR uses on 77Ws and it's fairly comfortable.

The rest is a disaster on MS and I really cannot see why someone would want to fly that

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:54 am

I've taken this flight before. It is generally bottom of the price ladder (along with KU as mentioned above). The BOM-CAI segment is also on a 737 with regional biz, nearly equivalent to a US Domestic First.

This is a good price, but honestly, not good enough for me to get back on Egyptair. I agree with El Puerco Volante, MS is a disaster.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:37 am
R2

Originally Posted by dfs24
Just a heads up to those who decide to go with this, bring your own entertainment and headphones..
And bring your own wine - or any other alcoholic beverage - if you feel like enjoying on the flight.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Now it's been 10 years or so I flown on MS 77W, but the seats has been always almost horisontal. It's the same seat QR uses on 77Ws and it's fairly comfortable.

The rest is a disaster on MS and I really cannot see why someone would want to fly that

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
i usually fly dl/kl/af to & from jfk about 7-8 times a year....tickets are generally between $2.7k - $3k in business class....i needed 7 tickets (4 adults & 3 kids) for my family for an upcoming trip in may-june so flying my regular airline would have set me back close to $21k....ms came to about $7.3k for all of us so i went ahead & booked....

i'll get a comfortable seat & will save around $14k so i'll gladly fly ms again....i've flown them twice before (the most recent being 3 years ago) & both times the flight was uneventful....nothing to write home about but comfortable enough....
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
i usually fly dl/kl/af to & from jfk about 7-8 times a year....tickets are generally between $2.7k - $3k in business class....i needed 7 tickets (4 adults & 3 kids) for my family for an upcoming trip in may-june so flying my regular airline would have set me back close to $21k....ms came to about $7.3k for all of us so i went ahead & booked....

i'll get a comfortable seat & will save around $14k so i'll gladly fly ms again....i've flown them twice before (the most recent being 3 years ago) & both times the flight was uneventful....nothing to write home about but comfortable enough....
Sure, it's a potentially valid use case I've flown MS myself last year in C on BOM-->JNB route because it was dirt-cheap and I just flown 4 legs in EY and QR F and just wanted to sleep. MS was - as expected - disgusting and I just slept through the ordeal..

Personally I wouldn't fly my family on MS, given lack of service or anything pleasant. Plus obvious security concerns. I'm OK with saving some money on myself sometimes but not on family. But then I paid 2k for an F infant ticket just recently, so I agree that this view comes with a pricetag

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.

Last edited by El Puerco Volante; Jan 23, 2017 at 3:09 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:22 am

The fare seems to have gone?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Personally I wouldn't fly my family on MS, given lack of service or anything pleasant. Plus obvious security concerns. I'm OK with saving some money on myself sometimes but not on family. But then I paid 2k for an F infant ticket just recently, so I agree that this view comes with a pricetag
fair enough....i don't see security as an issue here....flying to & from the us always adds an extra layer or security, no matter who you are flying....as far as service is concerned i agree that its lacking but then again, i'm just looking for a comfortable seat to get some shut eye in, which i should get here....
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
We flew them AMS-BKK last October. Seats were comfortable enough to sleep in. Crew was friendly and helpful enough. Food was plentiful and tasty - better than Lufty business class.

This compares to an economy or economy premium fare, so in that sense it seems like value for money.

And I thought it were lie-flats on the CAI-NYC segment? No personal experience, just what I thought one of the crew told me...

The crew are proud of their national carrier, and that was also nice to see. I'd fly with them again... but no long layover in Cairo - their lounges suck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.