FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   Just bought EK First Class Cai-HND-BKK-HKG-CAI For £ 1771 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1810782-just-bought-ek-first-class-cai-hnd-bkk-hkg-cai-1771-a.html)

lost_in_translation Dec 29, 2016 4:41 am

What's the best value way people are finding of getting from Europe (as close to LHR as possible) to CAI for these fares?

Struggling to find reasonable fares that are not on Egyptair or similar (would ideally like a decent J product but could cope with worse for 4 and a bit hours if the rest of the journey is in EK F).

Seems A3 currently have a one-way BRU-CAI fare with good connection times for €113, which is hard to beat for Y, but wondering if there's anything kicking around in PE / J.

helvetic Dec 29, 2016 5:35 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27675346)
What's the best value way people are finding of getting from Europe (as close to LHR as possible) to CAI for these fares?

Struggling to find reasonable fares that are not on Egyptair or similar (would ideally like a decent J product but could cope with worse for 4 and a bit hours if the rest of the journey is in EK F).

Seems A3 currently have a one-way BRU-CAI fare with good connection times for €113, which is hard to beat for Y, but wondering if there's anything kicking around in PE / J.

A3 is a great airline. Last time I flew them on a dirt-cheap Y fare, they upgraded me to J as a Star Gold for free (wasn't an OP-up, there was plenty of space in Y). I've flown them in Y too, and they're quite nice.

In fact, I met their CEO once, and he's the nicest most down-to-earth executive ever. He founded the airline and has been running it for 20 years! Everyone loves him!

lost_in_translation Dec 29, 2016 5:52 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 27675470)
A3 is a great airline. Last time I flew them on a dirt-cheap Y fare, they upgraded me to J as a Star Gold for free (wasn't an OP-up, there was plenty of space in Y). I've flown them in Y too, and they're quite nice.

In fact, I met their CEO once, and he's the nicest most down-to-earth executive ever. He founded the airline and has been running it for 20 years! Everyone loves him!

Haven't flown them before but have only heard positive things, will definitely go for A3 if I end up booking Y (amusingly BA seem to think £1,500 is reasonable for a one way Y fare, although drops to £350 if you book a return and throw away part of it). Would ideally like something a bit better than Y.

SwissBritMiss Dec 29, 2016 6:52 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 27675470)

And hot (and remarkably good!) food on even short segments. I might even go as far to say that the average Aegean Y catering beats J on any other airline intra-Europe.

Making me crave a weekend hop now.

Waz22 Dec 30, 2016 1:28 am

I know someone mentioned AKL but has anyone had any luck pricing through MEL (or Aus)? I have tried a couple of dates on ITA but no luck.

tnkngn Dec 30, 2016 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Waz22 (Post 27679543)
I know someone mentioned AKL but has anyone had any luck pricing through MEL (or Aus)? I have tried a couple of dates on ITA but no luck.

I can price out biz & first class fare from CAI to MEL, what exact date range are you looking for?
Best search tool to use is Google Flights in my eyes, have you used it instead of ITA?

Tokyoite Dec 30, 2016 5:15 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 27666177)
I went back and changed my OP to make your comment look ... odd.

Sadly, Tokyoite has embedded my stupidity on FT for eternity. Serves me right for being a smart-arse!

Didn't it just!!

But it's a small price to pay for the freedom to drift off into the Atlantic, with Mistress May at the helm....

Naaa...it's just a jibe at the discussion, not at you!

alpenrock Dec 30, 2016 5:59 am

Fare gone;(

lost_in_translation Dec 30, 2016 7:09 am

Originally Posted by alpenrock (Post 27680119)
Fare gone;(

I still see it...

Waz22 Dec 30, 2016 9:01 am

Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 27679776)
I can price out biz & first class fare from CAI to MEL, what exact date range are you looking for?
Best search tool to use is Google Flights in my eyes, have you used it instead of ITA?

Had a quick look on google but can't find any dates less then £3000. My preferred dates are 4th April 17 - 17 April 17. Do I need to select a stopover in a particular city?

nolamers Dec 30, 2016 9:37 am

Originally Posted by alpenrock (Post 27680119)
Fare gone;(

are you sure??

Waz22 Dec 30, 2016 9:38 am

Ignore this post

bison1847 Dec 30, 2016 9:59 am

just checked and a couple itins I could get yesterday for 40-45K EGP in first are now pricing at 74K EGP or 75K EGP

In Mid Feb

CAI-DXB-ICN (or SIN or HND)
BKK-HKG-DXB-CAI

Is anyone still seeing something similar? Maybe they pulled the fare?

mandarb916 Dec 30, 2016 10:24 am

CAI to CPT pricing at $2000

CAI to TYO pricing at $2300

I booked an open jaw CAI to NBO, JNB to CAI for $2050 or so earlier this morning.

I think the Egyptian currency fluctuated by about 5-8% yesterday resulting in an increase.

All gulf carriers have CAI to TYO in business for under $1200 rt, alternatively from what I can see

Phil the Flyer Jan 2, 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by tnkngn (Post 27668396)

Now to your questions.....

Do you all live in Cairo? Don't think any of the people that are considering to take advantage of the great business & first class fares live in Cairo

Think again! I do. :)