Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA: MAD-FRA 220eur rt in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Works the other way around too. Great for positioning and cheap way to get flat bed intra-europe.

http://goo.gl/flights/BIQQ

LAN Airlines (LA) IEEEV203/ZEEEV203

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31DEC 16.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
This is a standard advanced purchase rate, has been around for a long time, and could be obtained for €170 last year. Still good price for a decent product
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I bought this for a trip in October and managed to extend the ticket to Tenerife (TFN) for EUR300 all in, including the LATAM flights. The onward flight is with Iberia Express or AirEuropa, both in business class. I chose Iberia Express.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by Concerto
I bought this for a trip in October and managed to extend the ticket to Tenerife (TFN) for EUR300 all in, including the LATAM flights. The onward flight is with Iberia Express or AirEuropa, both in business class. I chose Iberia Express.
HI

Can I ask you how you did it?
Simply search on Matrix?

Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Awesome suggestion!

Originally Posted by KiteM
HI

Can I ask you how you did it?
Simply search on Matrix?

Thanks
You can enter your dates and destination on Google Flights. Voila!

http://goo.gl/flights/2D1k
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:10 pm

Is a stopover in Madrid possible instead of the 9h50 layover?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 4fevrier
Is a stopover in Madrid possible instead of the 9h50 layover?
I believe so for ~100 euros extra. You can try multicity and see which dates work for you.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sitting in the Air Canada lounge now in FRA waiting for the flight to MAD, and the aircraft has been replaced by an A330 plane operated by something called Wamos Airlines. Now, I thought I knew it all, but the carpet's been pulled out from under my feet again because I've never heard of it. No idea what it is, except Wikipedia says it is based in MAD and operates mostly for Saudia and El Al. Doesn't inspire confidence. Any experiences with this among you?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm sitting in the Air Canada lounge now in FRA waiting for the flight to MAD, and the aircraft has been replaced by an A330 plane operated by something called Wamos Airlines. Now, I thought I knew it all, but the carpet's been pulled out from under my feet again because I've never heard of it. No idea what it is, except Wikipedia says it is based in MAD and operates mostly for Saudia and El Al. Doesn't inspire confidence. Any experiences with this among you?
No experience but I see their planes on the tarmac at MAD all the time. Apparently WAMOS (a play on the word "Vamos"?) is a re-incarnation of Pullmantur Air, which went under when its owners and senior management looted millions, or tens of millions, of euros and left the (mostly charter) airline beyond bankruptcy. I believe the court case is still going on.

Good luck and safe trip! Would be interested to hear about your experience!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:29 pm

operates mostly for Saudia and El Al
Interesting combination!

Incidentally Wamos is a much better bit of nameplay than Vueling, which is a truly awful name.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually the flight wasn't that bad and I thought the flatbed was better than that on LAN. I managed an hour's sleep on it because I was very tired and it was long enough for me. It's the slopy slant variety though. Service was so so, as was the fairly mediocre cold meal catering, and wine refills were not proactively offered. In fact, the wine ran out pretty quickly. I got the feeling that the cabin crew, from their behavior, were pretty inexperienced and constantly yabbered away in fast Spanish. So, not a very premium experience, but good enough for the price. I quite like the WAMOS Air logo!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks!

Actually the flight wasn't that bad and I thought the flatbed was better than that on LAN. I managed an hour's sleep on it because I was very tired and it was long enough for me. It's the slopy slant variety though. Service was so so, as was the fairly mediocre cold meal catering, and wine refills were not proactively offered. In fact, the wine ran out pretty quickly. I got the feeling that the cabin crew, from their behavior, were pretty inexperienced and constantly yabbered away in fast Spanish. So, not a very premium experience, but good enough for the price. I quite like the WAMOS Air logo!
Thanks, will be trying it soon and will post updates.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: A3G
FRA-MAD €744 now clicking on http://goo.gl/flights/BIQQ link
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:02 pm

maybe you will turn on you brain that these is peak dates?
210euro....
https://www.google.ca/flights/?curr=...MAD0LA705;sc=b

Last edited by raporot; Oct 24, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by raporot
maybe you will turn on you brain....

Oooooh boy.

Ps. Thank you Concerto..I have a few of these upcoming, but do hope to get actual LA as opposed to Wamos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.