Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: CPH TO JFK in J Christmas and July/August 2016 for approx £450!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: CPH TO JFK in J Christmas and July/August 2016 for approx £450!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
there are still some good values to be had, especially if you value the AA points over Avios and can get the 25k TATL bonus. I'm in Canada, where Avios are easy to accrue, but AA aren't.

Just to be clear, these flights still qualify for the TATL bonus correct?
First up, it should be possible to credit to AA instead of BA/avios, right? I'm guessing you may have to buy with your avios number in first so the avios can get taken, then update it... ?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by zoombee
First up, it should be possible to credit to AA instead of BA/avios, right? I'm guessing you may have to buy with your avios number in first so the avios can get taken, then update it... ?
When going through the booking process, after having selected to use Avios as part of the payment (which includes signing in to my BAEC account) you get to the page to fill in all your information. This includes selecting which FF program to which you want to credit the flights.

So it all looks good.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:47 am

I am having trouble getting the deals from LHR-IAH as it is showing 5000$ near christmas or new year's but I heard someone stating they were getting it for 900$ r/t
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by NikaK
It's more the fact I still earn 17k avios on the flights (silver baec), so theoretically it is only costing 13k avios and I still earn the tier points.
A full redemption (not using a 241) would be approx 120k avios and you would still have to pay £1k in taxes.
I am a newbie posting (I normally only read posts) so no need to shoot me down in flames. I won't bother posting again!
I agree with you. I don't post any more for fear of retribution from those who have nothing to do than shoot down others. I for one appreciate everyone positive contributions but really don't like those cutting comments

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 14, 2015 at 5:05 pm Reason: Rule 16 violation
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
I am having trouble getting the deals from LHR-IAH as it is showing 5000$ near christmas or new year's but I heard someone stating they were getting it for 900$ r/t
Look for the flights without domestic connections. Also availability might be drying up on some days, I know on my days no flights were avaiable to lax at the special price
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:18 am

Has anyone found a decent Asia fare to make this work with? I know the £900 germany-hong kong was probably a once a year thing, but we were about to book premium economy tickets to KL for the family in Nov and this could be a great way to upgrade but only pay a bit more.
At the moment the best I can find is ~£1550 pre avios discount which isn't something I can justify for 4 of us, but if there was anything in the region of £1200 to the vague SE-Asia area (or even China/JP) it'd be ideal
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:35 am
AHO

Originally Posted by namdas
Has anyone found a decent Asia fare to make this work with? I know the £900 germany-hong kong was probably a once a year thing, but we were about to book premium economy tickets to KL for the family in Nov and this could be a great way to upgrade but only pay a bit more.
At the moment the best I can find is ~£1550 pre avios discount which isn't something I can justify for 4 of us, but if there was anything in the region of £1200 to the vague SE-Asia area (or even China/JP) it'd be ideal
Germany-Chengdu (CTU, China) R/T in British Airways Business class costs from about 1.700 EUR (approx. 1.260 GBP) incl. taxes pre-avios discount.
This fare has 90 days advance purchase requirement, so you have to search January or forward.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
The original routing in this thread was ex-CPH, which is the key feature. BA business fares originating at other European airports are often significantly cheaper than fares originating at LHR. This is because the departure taxes are astronomical in the UK and because BA dominate that market.

I suspect BA are aiming this promotion at people beginning their journey in London and paying well north of two grand sterling, but the ex-EU pricing aspect of it makes it very tempting.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SCSA
The original routing in this thread was ex-CPH, which is the key feature. BA business fares originating at other European airports are often significantly cheaper than fares originating at LHR. This is because the departure taxes are astronomical in the UK and because BA dominate that market.

I suspect BA are aiming this promotion at people beginning their journey in London and paying well north of two grand sterling, but the ex-EU pricing aspect of it makes it very tempting.
Indeed for example arn-lhr-iah is available fairly well into Sept 2016 cw for 7210 Swedish kroners plus 30000 avios. If you fly before jan 31 ypu should get the 25k bonus so not bad at all!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
When going through the booking process, after having selected to use Avios as part of the payment (which includes signing in to my BAEC account) you get to the page to fill in all your information. This includes selecting which FF program to which you want to credit the flights.

tnx!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are those partially paid by Avios tickets treated as regular paid tickets? I am wondering about tier points, upgrades.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by namdas
Depends what you are looking for. Royal Jordanian Business from LHR to BKK is coming in at £997 for dates in November according to Google Flights. It's on their new 787 all the way too.

You can also get MUC - SIN with QR for £1400 and there was a 10% off coupon floating around.

For Prem BCN - KUL is pricing at £654 with BA
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Are those partially paid by Avios tickets treated as regular paid tickets? I am wondering about tier points, upgrades.
Yes, you earn the same as if you bought the ticket in full in cash. The avios element is basically a substitute currency at the payment stage, but the booking class and fare rules are not affected.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Does anyone know what the MCT is in CPH? If I fly LHRCPH arriving at 1250 will it be ok to take a flight out at 1355?

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Cityguy1
Does anyone know what the MCT is in CPH? If I fly LHRCPH arriving at 1250 will it be ok to take a flight out at 1355?

Thanks
I believe it's 45min MCT for domestic to international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.