FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   *A/OW/ST: Ireland-Hawaii €1600+/$1800+ (Christmas-New Year) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1712419-ow-st-ireland-hawaii-1600-1800-christmas-new-year.html)

botato Sep 25, 2015 12:39 pm

*A/OW/ST: Ireland-Hawaii €1600+/$1800+ (Christmas-New Year)

Ireland-Hawaii available on most airlines for €1600+/$1800+ during the Christmas-New Year holiday season.

Fare Basis: PLNCZIEW (*A), ILN4S4T1 (OW), ZPRIE (ST)

* Permitted Nov 23-Nov 30 or Dec 18-Jan 4 or Mar 28-Apr 12 on the outbound transatlantic sector
* Min stay Sun
* No stopovers (But long layovers possible)
* Open-jaws (including double) possible
* Tickets must be issued on/before Sep 29

Ireland Origins:
DUB, SNN, ORK, BFS, ...

Hawaii Destinations:
HNL, OGG, KOA, LIH, ...

Armodeen Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Normal sale price for this route in business off peak time. I seem to recall it was a few hundred euros cheaper last year.

whimike Sep 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Armodeen (Post 25478168)
Normal sale price for this route in business off peak time. I seem to recall it was a few hundred euros cheaper last year.

But this is valid during the highest peak time, so what is the relevance for this being a normal sales price for off peak?

flytoeat Sep 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 25479887)
But this is valid during the highest peak time, so what is the relevance for this being a normal sales price for off peak?

Highest peak time for Hawaii; lowest for transatlantic business.

Calchas Sep 26, 2015 9:11 am

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 25479887)

I don't want to discourage submissions to this forum, but to be entirely honest I would be disappointed to pay more than this on the Ireland to Hawaii route in J at any time of the year.

It is worth noting that it is peak time in Hawaii—you're right—and the oneworld JV have tightened the booking codes allowed on mainland-Hawaii to "P" only (i.e., not F or A) under I fares. Failing this you'll be dropped into Y. So be sure that you are booking into P class on the TPAC sector.

Code:

>$LB15                                                       
015 DUBHNL 26SEP15 AA GBP  910.00 ILN4S4T1 STAY-SU/12MBK-I   
FARE CLS  EXPLANATION                            BOOK CODES   
--------  ----------------------                ----------   
ILN4S4T1  BUSINESS EXCURSION FARES                  I         
ILN4S4T1  BETWEEN AREA 2 AND AREA 1 FOR ROUND TRIP FARES     
ILN4S4T1  FOR ADULT                                           

BOOKING CODE EXCEPTIONS                                     
  VIA AA  P    REQUIRED      WHEN AVAILABLE  I- FARES  BETWEEN
                              USA-USHI

VIA AA  Y    REQUIRED      I- FARES  BETWEEN USA-USHI 

Romelle Sep 26, 2015 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 25481179)
I don't want to discourage submissions to this forum, ...
[/code]

I didn't know of this fare, and spent a happy 1/2 hour playing with options. Tough to reposition from MSP, but I thought about it....

Even if you were aware of the fare, it was fun new info for me.

I've actually booked some fares where they were on the second or third posting, but I'd missed the priors.

Are you aware of any other similar "normal" prices that might surprise me (or somebody else)? Please share.

Romelle

PS - thank you OP.

henkybaby Sep 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Romelle (Post 25481364)
Are you award of any other similar "normal" prices that might surprise me (or somebody else)? Please share.

Check here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...deals-j-f.html

It is focused on OW trips exEU/UK.

SkyTeam777 Oct 1, 2015 6:33 am

With the current promos going on what would be the max miles one could earn? 25k bonus from joint venture promo. Plus Premium cabin bonuses.