Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at Ł2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for Ł1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for Ł1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Arrow BA/OW Premium Fare deals (J and F) exUK/EU

Not necessarily TP runs, but great deals on F or J flights. Since they come up like daily, maybe a good idea to collect them in one thread.

Currently I found a fare from the most confusing airport in Germany to several popular destinations in the colonies (served by a bus) in F for between GBP 2500 and 3000. Around 10% more than J. Play with destinations and dates a bit. I looked at next year mostly.

Post any other fares you may find here.

Have fun.

Last edited by henkybaby; Oct 6, 2015 at 6:55 am Reason: Adjusted prices up 500 GBP.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Shouldn't it be a wiki?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Caleklika
Shouldn't it be a wiki?
I was going to do that if this idea gains enough support and momentum. It's a bit like the 'trick it etc' thread in the Mileage Run section, but specifically BA/AA and OW connections out of the EU (including UK).
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Not necessarily TP runs, but great deals on F or J flights. Since they come up like daily, maybe a good idea to collect them in one thread.

Currently I found a fare from the most confusing airport in Germany to several popular destinations in the colonies (served by a bus) in F for between GBP 2000 and 2600. Around 10% more than J. Play with destinations and dates a bit. I looked at next year mostly.

Post any other fares you may find here.

Have fun.
Are you sure these fares are still around. There was a very cheap J fare (€1,377) advertised from there yesterday, which I would have been interested in had it not been Thursday. Sure enough, it's double the price today. Still up on aa.com though.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I think it is a nice idea henkybaby, and especially so for being a little 'cryptic' to slow the pace of bookings and make it a little harder for BA to instantly clamp-down on. Some of the fares you mentioned are bettered out of vikingsville and there are a few nice fares over Xmas if you are willing to go CW one way and F another for a tea party. (not very good at cryptography here )
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Are you sure these fares are still around. There was a very cheap J fare (€1,377) advertised from there yesterday, which I would have been interested in had it not been Thursday. Sure enough, it's double the price today. Still up on aa.com though.
I checked my find on BA.com... Available at the time of posting. I am talking F fares. The J ones seem to have gone (also on aa.com, but maybe I looked at the wrong dates).

Prices are GBP 2500 to Obama and 3050 to the Westerly Forest. Pardon the typo in the opening thread.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why not just name the routes?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Why not just name the routes?
It's fun and BA cancels too quickly....
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Mmm, so someone (maybe, possibly) from BA Rev Man is clued up enough to keep an eye on this forum, yet unable to puzzle out "tea party" and the like ???

Have fun with the word games fellas, but don't expect anything you do (or avoid doing) to make the slightest bit of difference to BA's actions
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's fun
Oh I see.
I never could figure them out.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Don't we already have the Trick It / Negotiate It thread for people that want to turn saving money on flights into some form of forensics?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
And we already have the Mileage Run Forum with the Premium Fare Deals Subforum which has listed these deals for years now. And for relating these fares specifically to the BA Forum we have the Tier Point Run Thread.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
And we already have the Mileage Run Forum with the Premium Fare Deals Subforum which has listed these deals for years now. And for relating these fares specifically to the BA Forum we have the Tier Point Run Thread.
Why am I surprised I've been beaten to it by Jerry! I can also recommend the IFTTT 'recipe' for alerts to that thread
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ok, forget it then... We just open a topic every Thursday because these arguments are not applicable to those...

Mods: you can remove.

Last edited by henkybaby; Sep 11, 2015 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ok, forget it then... We just open a topic every Thursday because these arguments are not applicable to those...

Mods: you can remove.
To be fair, I don't think having a thread like this would change that... people ignore the BA Sales Thread and the Tier Point Run thread when the mistake fares show up... not sure why they wouldn't ignore this one too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.