FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues-686/)
-   -   Curveball: Which airport has the most efficiently run TSA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/practical-travel-safety-security-issues/957570-curveball-airport-has-most-efficiently-run-tsa.html)

Spiff May 25, 2009 6:58 am

They are all equally worthless.

IslandBased May 25, 2009 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 11800961)

Oh, come on, some must be more worthless than others.:p

RadioGirl May 25, 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by IslandBased (Post 11800952)
That's because you live in a town full of rocket scientists..:D

Originally Posted by IslandBased (Post 11800967)

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 11800961)

Oh, come on, some must be more worthless than others.:p

I agree with Spiff - after all, he's one of the rocket scientists you hold in such high esteem. :D

IslandBased May 25, 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by RadioGirl (Post 11801019)
I agree with Spiff - after all, he's one of the rocket scientists you hold in such high esteem. :D

One of my Ga Tech professors was previously from Huntsville, a lot of his PhD friends were suddenly jobless after Apollo Program wrapped up. I hope you realize that my (smart*ss) remark was on a positive note. The local management less likely to be totally clueless.
OT, the little airport that I used to commute through seemed to have fairly benign TSOs. I haven't had the need to wander into the terminal lately, however, just GA.

HSVTSO Dean May 25, 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by IslandBased
One of my Ga Tech professors was previously from Huntsville, a lot of his PhD friends were suddenly jobless after Apollo Program wrapped up. I hope you realize that my (smart*ss) remark was on a positive note.

"The Rocket City" :D There's a big freakin' mural in the airport devoted to the space program. I should take a picture of it sometime.

Flaflyer May 25, 2009 12:40 pm

TSA: Only $18.6 million to enjoy your services today, what a bargain

Originally Posted by triehle (Post 11799490)
If you count how many have been caught and released, how many incidents involving TSA-captured terrorists that have been hushed up by TSA to spare pax the kind of terror screeners have to live with day in and day out, or how many time TSA staff have SPOTted terrorists who have fled the airport in confusion before the multi-layered security laid down by TSA, well, my friend, then you would see the value of TSA.

Well, since it is often noted TSA treats everyone at the checkpoint as a "Terrorist/Criminal: guilty until proven innocent", the TSA Fishing Expeditionary Force Catch and Release™ Two Million Terrorists each and every day! :eek:

With a $6.8 billion budget (included FAMs and the WeBreakParkedJets and WeSpotIllegalAliensAtTheBusStation and WeSpotTewwowistsAtTheSuperBowl Departments), that is $9.30 for every Catch and Release™ Terrorist. Are you getting All the Government You Are Paying For? In this case, are you sure you want to? :p

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284 (Post 11796828)
Which airport has the most efficiently run TSA?

Suggestion: Please check. Are you sure a TSS post with the words "efficient" and "TSA" in the same sentence is allowed by the TOS? ;)

Superguy May 25, 2009 9:01 pm

I find SLC to be the least annoying and the most consistent, if there is such a thing with TSA.

FlyingHoustonian May 25, 2009 9:17 pm

UFUO isn't because...
What is UFUO?
I am aware of FOUO, which is an unclassified item (but certainly not to be broadcast), meaning For Official Use Only.

Is that what Reed means?

As for TSA ease of use OKC has always been quick for me and the "secret" location at IAH on the parking tunnel to E is very fast for me.

Ciao,
FH

codex57 May 26, 2009 1:08 pm

I only went once since TSA started, but I really liked FLL (Fort Lauderdale). Yeah, they yelled, but it was informative and not snarky, and they walked up and down the line so everyone could hear. Plus, they helped those who didn't quite understand (lotsa old folks and families).

Otherwise, I love SMF. Not sure if it's cuz of lack of travelers, but the line always moves quickly. They don't seem very keen on doing any secondary searches (knock on wood).

Aloha1 May 27, 2009 11:42 am

You guys do know that your replies are being monitored and your choices for most efficiently run TSA checkpoint will be completely overhauled and dressed down to make sure the same standard of bureaucratic bullsh*t is applied, don't you?:D

mre5765 May 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by triehle (Post 11799490)
The Terrorists Caught and Sent Home measure

Catch and Release would be catchier.

gj83 May 27, 2009 5:30 pm

I rarely have problems at CLT. The TSOs are ok and generally don't call for unnecessary bag checks.

I fly out of A mainly. If the line for A is long I check B. If the line for B is long then I check D.

If I'm flying US Air and the elite line at C is long then I just go to A because usually no one is there.