Wiki Posts
Search

Hate to ask such a dumb question but...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Hate to ask such a dumb question but...

Hi Folks (again)

As I mentioned in an earlier post (my first... I just found this forum)... I used to be a seasoned business flyer.... but that was long ago... I'm now a very senior citizen.....

My question --- Can I carry a "carry-on" type bag... that is one for clothes, shoes, etc.... plus a bag for my laptop....

Back in the "old" days 9 out of 10 time I boarded with a briefcase (about the size of a laptop bag) and a carry-on bag with no problems what so ever......

Thanks for you help

Jason.....
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:25 pm

Yep, that isn't a problem. Are you referring to the 1&1 baggage policy of the airlines?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jason55
Hi Folks (again)

My question --- Can I carry a "carry-on" type bag... that is one for clothes, shoes, etc.... plus a bag for my laptop....

Jason.....
yes you can
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Hi, and welcome to FT

Most airlines do allow a carryon, and 'personal item' which is generally interpreted to be a laptop bag, briefcase, purse, and the like, which can be stored under the seat, with the carryon going overhead. Search the boards, and you'll find more info on this topic than you may expect!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Folks.....

Years ago I camped out in American's Admirals Club......... and Delta's Delta Crown Room...... and now I feel like such a novice..... I know these are very elementary questions.....

Thanks
Jason....
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Unless you're flying out of Gatwick, where the one-item-only rule still applies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.